+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got the PPR email and COPR info are showing — can we still get denied/rejected?

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
Hi everyone!

We applied for spouse sponsorship. I am the principal applicant and applying outside Canada. In the application status tracker, everything is completed already. I got the PPR email last week and going to submit my passport next week. I also noticed COPR details in the tracker. Can this still be rejected? I am just out of my wits and nervous about this. Anyone else got the same experience?

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
COPR means Confirmation of Permanent Residence.
You process is completed.

Can it be revoked? Yes, at anytime you can have your PR revoked if you give them reasons to.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We applied for spouse sponsorship. I am the principal applicant and applying outside Canada. In the application status tracker, everything is completed already. I got the PPR email last week and going to submit my passport next week. I also noticed COPR details in the tracker. Can this still be rejected? I am just out of my wits and nervous about this. Anyone else got the same experience?
In practical terms, no, it has been approved and you should relax.

In technical terms: yes, if they discover something wrong that makes the principal applicant ineligible - of course. Like they discover you're a murderer or a war criminal. Or that you're not married to your spouse. Etc.

But right now the procedure is: you submit your passport, in a few weeks you get it back with visa if needed and the COPR.

One other important tech note: you're not a PR until you land. The 'confirmation of permanent residence' does not confirm or show permanent residence until it is signed etc at the landing port of entry. (Same thing, you can become ineligible in that time in between, or if you never land, it expires). Also, if you misrepresent anything important before or at landing - it can potentially be revoked (an example of this could be eg if you and spouse split before landing or had your marriage annulled or forgot to disclose you are a war criminal or something).

But go back to the top: in practical terms it's approved and you just have to land. They don't cancel at this stage unless they discover new information and/or manifest error. Your PR is done at the point of landing, just tell the truth.