+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Study Visa Stamp on passport but no Port of entry (POE) or Letter of introduction (LOI).

May 25, 2018
Hi people,
I recently got my student visa approved from Canada Visa office New Delhi, India for May intake. In the parcel I have got from VFS Jalandhar there was nothing except my passport with the visa counterfoil on it. I have written an email to the high commission New Delhi to send me POE or LOI which is needed while entering Canada as per their website's requirement. I haven't got any reply from them. I will be flying soon may be in two weeks time wondering if anyone with the same situation got to enter Canada without the letter?
Please share your views on this.

Cheers
I got my visa without the POE and i already submitted the enquiry IRCC Webform but they didnt reply yet.
So i i wanted to know if i should travel to Canada without the POE. Would it be fine?
Can you please expain how you managed throught this situation. I would really appreciate it as i am worried that i might not be able to get in Canada.
Thankyou

AlonaJoshi

May 3, 2018
I got my visa without the POE and i already submitted the enquiry IRCC Webform but they didnt reply yet.
So i i wanted to know if i should travel to Canada without the POE. Would it be fine?
Can you please expain how you managed throught this situation. I would really appreciate it as i am worried that i might not be able to get in Canada.
Thankyou
Dont worry . When I got my passport , inside was a note. This visa all u need to enter to Canada. Give me email . I ll send u

shubham31196

Mar 9, 2018
Hey did you entered Canada without it,as. I have also not received my LOI and I am bit worried about it.Please advise.
Hey guys I entered Canada without POE. I entered in April so you will be fine. Just take snapshots of the emails that you sent to immigration. No one asks about itZ

May 25, 2018
Hey did you entered Canada without it,as. I have also not received my LOI and I am bit worried about it.Please advise.
My flight is on 23rd of July.
Most of the people are saying it is not required and no need to worry if you didn't receive it as they wont ask for it.
But
I did fill out their Webforms and i mail them too regarding this issue.... They haven't replied me yet but i will be taking the printouts of the mails that i have sent them so i can say i reached out but they didn't respond.

Alisha89

Jun 6, 2018
Hey guys I entered Canada without POE. I entered in April so you will be fine. Just take snapshots of the emails that you sent to immigration. No one asks about itZ
Thanks hope every thing will be fine for me as well as I will be travelling in August.

AmitAmit

Mar 1, 2017
Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding the topic in this thread.

I had a TRV and applied for a study permit (online). I was then asked to submit my passport at VFS Delhi. VFS returned my passport along with a new Student Visa. I also received the PoE in my online account.

1) When I travel to Canada, do I have to show my PoE anywhere and pass through another round of scrutiny at immigration. Will they stamp something more on my passport (or issue me something else)?

2) Am I allowed to travel to Canada with my spouse and kids (they all have multiple entry tourist visa). Will my family and me be refused entry if we travel together?