+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got student visa leaving soon need guidance

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
hi

need some guidance again --my husband and children are now in canada & my husband has applied for OWP ..how long does it usually takes to get that . He has to go back to Phil for some requirements. Is it fine if he leaves while OWP is applied for or what if leaves for few days after he gets OWP. My children are going to school here already& we have applied for their visa extension along with his..do we need to do anything else in this case....please guide.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
dreamy said:
hi

need some guidance again --my husband and children are now in canada & my husband has applied for OWP ..how long does it usually takes to get that . He has to go back to Phil for some requirements. Is it fine if he leaves while OWP is applied for or what if leaves for few days after he gets OWP. My children are going to school here already& we have applied for their visa extension along with his..do we need to do anything else in this case....please guide.
1. It takes around 60 days to get work permit.
2. It's fine if he leaves either before getting the OWP or after getting OWP but upon his re-entry he needs to have a valid visa and/or permit.

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
haven't heard yet from immigration :(

what happens next after the application is processed..do they ask for any other req /medical etc as they are in canada

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
by grace of god we recd. their open work permit & permit for children. Permit says not allowed for re-entry but they have multiple entry visa till April'13. Can they leave canada and re-enter. Please advise. Also, will we have to apply for extension for temporary resident visa before expiry .

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
by grace of god we recd. their open work permit & permit for children. Permit says not allowed for re-entry but they have multiple entry visa till April'13. Can they leave canada and re-enter. Please advise. Also, will we have to apply for extension for temporary resident visa before expiry

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
dreamy said:
by grace of god we recd. their open work permit & permit for children. Permit says not allowed for re-entry but they have multiple entry visa till April'13. Can they leave canada and re-enter. Please advise. Also, will we have to apply for extension for temporary resident visa before expiry
Congratulations once again. Yes the caption on permit about re-entry is written on everyone's permit. It means that with a valid visa (if you belong to a visa required country) this permit alone can not be used for re-entry. So if you have a valid visa and permit then you can re-enter canada anytime you want.

BR,
Inam

luckygurl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamy said:

@dreamy
Hi, I'm also an Indian from Philippines. Can u give me some tips regarding applying student visa specially the requirements coz I'm confused. I will really appriciate ur help. Thanks in advance

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
sure..let me know what you need to know.

To apply you just need to have letter of acceptance where you intend to study. In my case , it was a univ. We didn't apply for all in one go but only study permit first. sinec my family had Tourist visa till April' 13 (multiple entry) - they joined me later and applied for OWP and student visa while they were here...

luckygurl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually I hired a consultant from manila who sent application to sheridan. I finished nursing here in CEU, I also hav a kid. I applied on March 2012 and hav been disqualified by sheridan for practical nursing course, they said I got low grades in 12th std, instead they advise to take Emergency Mgmt PG course but when applied for it, again was disqualified. They said I lack some units. After several months my consultant me some admission officers who were in manila and according to her she requested for a course for me so they will accept me. But now it has been 2 mos and still no response from college. I wanted to call sheridan regarding my status but my consultant has not given my student no even I asked her. She keep on saying that I hav still time for Jan 2013 but I'm losing hope. And one more thing she never mention to me any thing about SOP. I even don't know about the processing time here in embassy. How many days did it take for ur application?

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Hi Need ur inputs again..my husband is back in Canada and his tourist visa will expire on 11th April. Though, open work permit is till 2015. What's the process to apply for extension..checked the website but it's confusing . And can he travel outside canada after this extension

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Re: got student visa leaving soon need guidance--Urgent

Hi Need ur inputs again..my husband is back in Canada and his tourist visa will expire on 11th April. Though, open work permit is till 2015. What's the process to apply for extension..checked the website but it's confusing . And can he travel outside canada after this extension