+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got student visa but did not get college admissions - Please Help!

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
My cousin, based in India, had applied for a student visa based on a conditional offer. However, in his final CBSE board exams, he did meet the minimum percentage required for the program. He does not want to pursue any other program. So he has decided not to come to Canada.

He has already paid the fees, transferred GIC, and visa approved. He wants to withdraw from the programs. What should he do with the visa? He plans to come to Canada later after completing his undergrad. So we want to make sure that his future plans do not get impacted. Please help!

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My cousin, based in India, had applied for a student visa based on a conditional offer. However, in his final CBSE board exams, he did meet the minimum percentage required for the program. He does not want to pursue any other program. He has already paid the fees, transferred GIC, and visa approved. He wants to withdraw from the programs. What should he do with the visa? He plans to come to Canada later, so we want to make sure that his future plans does not get impacted. Please help!
If he withdraw from the program that he acquired visa from, what does he want to come for? not sure if i got your question right...

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
@Simba112 , he does not want to come to Canada now. He wants to study in India. He wants to withdraw his application for both college and visa. However, I am a bit concerned that his future visa applications could be impacted. So wondering what would be the correct way to do this.

Updated my question as well

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
@Simba112 , he does not want to come to Canada now. He wants to study in India. He wants to withdraw his application for both college and visa. However, I am a bit concerned that his future visa applications could be impacted. So wondering what would be the correct way to do this.

Updated my question as well
I suppose he has been approved V-1 visa and not Study Permit which is issued at the POE. He can reach out to DLI and can request to invalidate his TRV via webform

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
@Simba112 , If I understand correctly, he has to reach out to the Designated Learning Institute (Algonquin College, in this case), and ask them to invalidate his TRV. I don't understand why would the college do that? Shouldn't he just withdraw this application? My main concern was that his future visa application to Canada are not impacted.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
@Simba112 , If I understand correctly, he has to reach out to the Designated Learning Institute (Algonquin College, in this case), and ask them to invalidate his TRV. I don't understand why would the college do that? Shouldn't he just withdraw this application? My main concern was that his future visa application to Canada are not impacted.
No, In this case he can reach out to DLI to requesting to revoke his LOA. then proceed to IRCC to update them with current situation and whether he wishes to cancel his TRV. From original post, you mentioned he was approved, so in this case you can not withdraw approved application. I cant comment future visa application, but i dont see anywhere that says this will impact his future visa application.