+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got SPP visa without extra documents :)

H

HBK

world.citizen said:
Applied on 16th July, 2012 at VFS Mumbai under SPP. Got my passport today afternoon :D

- Bachelor's in Computer Engineering from University of Mumbai (2010) - first class
- Working as a Software Engineer since then
- IELTS Band 8.5 (L 9.0, R 9.0, W 7.5, S 9.0)
- Educational loan of Rs. 8,00,000

Applied for Web Development graduate certificate at Humber College. Did NOT send any extra documents like SOP or experience letter.

P.S. Beware of forum members like "OCEANDRIVE" who will misguide you by telling you things like you need a SOP if you have a gap after graduation or that your loan amount is insufficient etc. No extra documents are needed whatsoever under SPP. A small note may be included if there's a glaring defect in your application, but that's about it. My application was pretty straightforward, so I didn't include any note or SOP.
OCEANDRIVE said:
Congrats on getting your Visa

in-spite of not meeting the SPP requirement you still got your visa because your profile is very strong

Every one on this Forum is not gifted like you with a sharp mind, great language skills (IELTS 8.5) and a strong profile like yours,,, Thank God and be grateful for that.

So for the less fortunate and the ones with not so impressive profile like yours I still stand my point and opinion. What worked for you may not work for some one else, I have seen many cases on this forum whose application were rejection on grounds of not meeting the 80% loan requirement.

So in a way you are not letting other forum members look in to my advise which is reasonable.

I have an advise for you, a very valuable one
Pride is the first step toward destruction. Proud thoughts will lead you to defeat.
The Holy Bible: The Book Of Proverbs Chapter 16 verse 18
Get over your pride
HI,
world citizen congrats buddy....
Guys we can pay first semesters fees from the loan/saving amount.............further more we can minus the first semester fees already paid and we can keep total amount of loan accordingly....

read the last post of royalsting on the first page....they already implemented this equation before...It may clarify.......

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/decent-loan-sanction-letter-format-fd-and-non-fd-t88433.0.html

I am aware with one case of soberdeepak...what he did.....he paid fulll 1 year fees from saving and kept loan amount only on living expenses (10000$ + 2000$ other)....he got rejected on the basis of financial ground....

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@world citizen

are u aiming for 1 year PGWP or 3 year? coz your course have only 3 semesters.

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
OCEANDRIVE said:
Congrats on getting your Visa

in-spite of not meeting the SPP requirement you still got your visa because your profile is very strong

Every one on this Forum is not gifted like you with a sharp mind, great language skills (IELTS 8.5) and a strong profile like yours,,, Thank God and be grateful for that.

So for the less fortunate and the ones with not so impressive profile like yours I still stand my point and opinion. What worked for you may not work for some one else, I have seen many cases on this forum whose application were rejection on grounds of not meeting the 80% loan requirement.

So in a way you are not letting other forum members look in to my advise which is reasonable.

I have an advise for you, a very valuable one
Pride is the first step toward destruction. Proud thoughts will lead you to defeat.
The Holy Bible: The Book Of Proverbs Chapter 16 verse 18
Get over your pride
Gifted? Really? I worked my ass off, just like everybody else, getting that engineering degree without failing a single course. As far as the IELTS is concerned, true, it was easier for me as a native speaker of English, but may I remind you that the minimum requirement for my course (as well as for SPP) was 6.0. Meaning if I had a band score of 6.0, I still would've got my visa.

Bottomline: I'm not gifted or anything. I'm just a hard worker like everyone else. My loan was also a modest amount. Lastly, I don't believe in your god, so I suggest you keep your "bible" to yourself.

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
abrarabbu said:
I totally agree with you... this guy iz misinforming members.

Even I got my visa yesterday.
and I have submitted all required documents
+1 to you, friend :)

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
hell911 said:
@ world citizen

are u aiming for 1 year PGWP or 3 year? coz your course have only 3 semesters.
A 1-year PGWP is enough for me.

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
Dude, OCEANDRIVE is right, Ur profile is vry strong , at the end you have to
convince the VO u are a genuine student . if somebody with low grades , not
a very exeptional IELTS score were to apply, there would be a definate rejection.

U have done ur bachelors for a very reputed university in India , u have a great IELTS
score , no back logs i presume, ur course is relevant to ur previous study as well.

No need for SOP then , but if ur profile is not that awesome and ur changing career tracks
please make a strong SOP guys , trust me it might have saved many when a rejection was
eminent.

Ankit.26

Apr 5, 2012
world.citizen said:
Both "thatsnandu" and "sunny581" are right. I submitted precisely what was asked for on the SPP checklist. No 10th/12th, no resume, no SOP, no work experience letters.

Regarding loan, I had already pre-paid the first sem fee, so I took out a loan of 80% of the remainder.
Hi bro
was going through the discussion....i've got admission in centennial for sept 2012 for international business...my entire course fees is 26937.88 dollars which cums arnd 1470000rs at current exchange rate..i applied under spp first time and my visa got rejected reason mentioned loan is not 80% of remaining expenses..now i explain my case to u i've already remitted 4.60 lakh rupees frm my own funds and took a loan of 9 lakh rupees....aftr deducting 4.60 lakh frm 1470000 it cum's arnd 101000...so if i go according to u 80% remaining expenses as it is also mentioned in my refusal letter 9 lakh is more than 80% 0f 101000rs....can u pls tell me wat could have wrong as i've gone through a reputed consultant name i don't want to mention and according to them there was no chance of any refusal....wat cum's to our mind is that visa officer might have thought that i've send my first sem fees frm loan amt and remaining amt is not 80% of loan required....can u pls share ur point of view on this as u have already got u r visa...as i have reapplied under general category i've have made slight modification's to my application like i got a revised sanction letter frm the bank to clarify the loan amt is totally availaible.net worth certificate frm the ca worth 1.4 crore,2 yr itr of my father,6 month bank statement with more than 2lakhplus bal,as i live in delhi wat u think when can i expect an answer frm the high comission..i reapplied on 17th july....god willing i should get my visa approved this time...Thanks Ankit Mehrotra...

Aug 19, 2012
world.citizen said:
Applied on 16th July, 2012 at VFS Mumbai under SPP. Got my passport today afternoon :D

- Bachelor's in Computer Engineering from University of Mumbai (2010) - first class
- Working as a Software Engineer since then
- IELTS Band 8.5 (L 9.0, R 9.0, W 7.5, S 9.0)
- Educational loan of Rs. 8,00,000

Applied for Web Development graduate certificate at Humber College. Did NOT send any extra documents like SOP or experience letter.

P.S. Beware of forum members like "OCEANDRIVE" who will misguide you by telling you things like you need a SOP if you have a gap after graduation or that your loan amount is insufficient etc. No extra documents are needed whatsoever under SPP. A small note may be included if there's a glaring defect in your application, but that's about it. My application was pretty straightforward, so I didn't include any note or SOP.

Congratulations .....Actually i have few doubts regarding the SPP colleges ......this is my mobile number could u pls text me or give missed call so that i can speak abt it to you ... 09840660941