+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got rejected post graduation work permit at Niagara boarder

akhilpaman

Oct 16, 2018
Well, I am currently student at georgian college. I landed on 16 december 2016 and started study in jan intake for the programme i did not want to do just did that for visa approvel. However, i was told by an agent that you can change your prgramme when you reach you to college. Unfortunately i was unable to do so.eventully i really did not like that programme after completing one semester i took a drop since the programme that i wanted to do was not availble in summer. After, that cic announced new rules that whoever takes drop not eligible to apply for work permit ? any help that you can do ? or anybody

Kt1170

Jul 6, 2017
Well, I am currently student at georgian college. I landed on 16 december 2016 and started study in jan intake for the programme i did not want to do just did that for visa approvel. However, i was told by an agent that you can change your prgramme when you reach you to college. Unfortunately i was unable to do so.eventully i really did not like that programme after completing one semester i took a drop since the programme that i wanted to do was not availble in summer. After, that cic announced new rules that whoever takes drop not eligible to apply for work permit ? any help that you can do ? or anybody
Heard of it for the first time. Many of my friend took drop and they have work permit now. They just normally applied online. Try to apply online or may be go to lawyer.

JaskiratSINGH123

Sep 10, 2018
Hello ,
Sir I also applied my pgwp on 30 Jan and I just want to know as my studies got finished on 14 dec and I worked until 22 dec though it is a part time work only on weekends and I started that job on 1 dec I just want to know is it unauthorized work or not? And while applying pgwp in the imm5710 form under previous employment category I filled that job but the mistake I made over there is that I filled that job as they are only asking for months so I filled there starting on dec 2018 to Jan 2019 I m worried now they may misunderstood this as I just worked until 22 dec can anyone pllz reply there will be any isssue for that pllz help I m worried now

Kt1170

Jul 6, 2017
Hello ,
Sir I also applied my pgwp on 30 Jan and I just want to know as my studies got finished on 14 dec and I worked until 22 dec though it is a part time work only on weekends and I started that job on 1 dec I just want to know is it unauthorized work or not? And while applying pgwp in the imm5710 form under previous employment category I filled that job but the mistake I made over there is that I filled that job as they are only asking for months so I filled there starting on dec 2018 to Jan 2019 I m worried now they may misunderstood this as I just worked until 22 dec can anyone pllz reply there will be any isssue for that pllz help I m worried now
I think you have applied online so there won’t be any problem.

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Guys I also need help my post graduate work permit file has sent to Edmonton for further enquires it has been 6 months now no results and my visa is going to expire in march. Should I also go to the border for work permit if they would give me i will withdraw my online application. Is it okay to do this? Plz reply

Sassi95

Mar 7, 2020
Hi,
I applied for PGWP at niagara boarder and got rejected. She told me that you are still working after your study is done hence i dont meet criteria of 186(v) of IRPR. But in this 186(v), there is no such written criteria about working after study is done and before having work permit.
Can anyone help plz?
Wow!! Congratulations.. I’m stuck in somewhat similar situation. My visa at Niagara border got refused too. I have to re apply online. Can you help with the letter of explanation?? And did you hire a lawyer?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Wow!! Congratulations.. I’m stuck in somewhat similar situation. My visa at Niagara border got refused too. I have to re apply online. Can you help with the letter of explanation?? And did you hire a lawyer?
Why were you refused?