+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got rejected, planning on trying to apply again soon. Help!

rubyanjel

Jul 18, 2016
I got rejected this afternoon before I headed to work. These were the documents I submitted:
1. Passport, boarding passes and scans of stamp to HK from a recent trip, a snapshot of my family's group visa to Shenzhen, China
2. Certificate of Employment with Leave of Absence and specified return to work date, travel itinerary and plane itinerary (this was a complicated thing as my operation manager required me to show tickets to be approved of the leave request and I needed my leave of absence added in my certificate of employment to have a better chance),
3. Bank certificate, bank statement showing the last 4 months (my mom gave me 50k pesos as a post birthday gift and it was deposited the first week of July, my total money there is around 250k pesos in savings), three months of payslips
4. Boyfriend's invitation letter saying I'm a friend being invited over
5. Made a cover letter explaining the documents on my submission as well as my reason for visiting

I was declined due to the following:
1. Travel history
2. Employment Prospects in country of residence
3. Person assests and financial

Was it because:
1. I only went to Hong Kong and China recently? Our group visa did not have English translation so I'm not sure if they know about it, plus Hong Kong didn't stamp on my passport but I kept and scanned the papers. We didn't fly to Shenzhen. Just road the MTR. No chance of showing the boarding passes there, though I did scan mine to and from HK.

2. I've been working for a call center for more than a year now as an agent, as well as that company being a Canadian-based one (popular telco). Is being an agent a weak proof?

3. Was the recent deposit a bit of a deal breaker? I wasnt able to explain the amount in my initial application. Also, I only kept a pdf copy of my bank statement that can only show up to three months' worth of statement and Land bank's online facility doesn't show my name. I've had that bank account for two years and it still even says "new account".

I'm asking my bf's help on requesting the specific details through the Access to Information act online. Not sure if this is a necessary step to know what went wrong and I'm thinking of mentioning my mom as a sponsor. Thing is, she (and my dad) works for the city hall but has adequate savings to show she can afford to be my sponsor. If I were to do so, what additional requirements should I include regarding her? A sponsorship letter and such?

I'd really appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
How long a stay did you request in your application? What purpose of travel did you mention, just visiting your boyfriend?

I think your suspicions on the reasons for refusal are more or less correct.

For #3, did you also submit a signed bank certificate? I think 250k is a decent amount though. But I don't think mentioning your parents as a sponsor will help you, did you include a letter of explanation about the deposits?

If you're going to order your GCMS notes anyway through your BF, you can wait for those before you try to reapply.

sonnabend

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Paris
rubyanjel, may I know how long after you have submitted the application were you notified about the rejection outcome?

rubyanjel

Jul 18, 2016
I bought the cheapest round-trip tickets available at that time, so I'll be there for 26 days. I have duly indicated I'll be there for tourism and visiting my friend and will be staying in his house. I made an outline we'll be taking a trip to Montreal for just a week but mostly be in Ontario. I'm seriously going there to visit and to travel around as that's what he plans, anyway. I even made a day-by-day itinerary. They didn't tick my purpose of visiting, but we are still waiting for the CIC docs before doing something next. Also, I did submit a signed bank certificate indicating my average daily allowance (150k) and my total balance as of that time(300k).

I applied July 10, got a (rather depressing) result on July 17.

sonnabend

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Paris
I know how you feel, I find it the whole application process is very hostile and inconsistent as well. Some people get it easily while some people's application got rejected although they're genuine tourist. I think the length of your stay (26 days) is too long. Perhaps they were concerned that if you are allowed to leave your job for this long, your tie to your current country of residence isn't strong.
I wish you all the best in your second application!

rubyanjel

Jul 18, 2016
Thanks, sonnabend. My parents didn't know I bought the tickets so they were furious. I wish they'd help me a bit emotionally rather than get close to disowning me. It's not like I wasn't disappointed with the result myself.

fjoralba

Jun 28, 2016
Hello , i have applied for turist visa and my visa was rejected :( . I have applied together with my fiancee ,same as me he didn't got the visa . The reson why i am writing is because we had applied with papers, at Canada Visa Application Centre International Organization for Migration here in my contry, Albania , not online, and when i got the answer they didn't returned back my document. Is this normal? Because i would like to reapply , but with no document how can i do it ?
The reason they reject my aplication was the same as my fiance. It was strange, because they sad that we didn't have person assests and financial, my fiancee has 2 houses in his name, he has his own bisness, a dental clinic,and in his bank statment he has over than 10.000 Euro,this was definitely strange!!! Another reason was employment Prospects in country of residence, what should we have more?? My fincee has a bisness,so having a bisness is not suficent??!!
I would be very grateful if anyone of you can give me a answer, because i need help!! At the Canada Visa Application Centre International Organization Migration, here in Albania they said me that the document were at the Embassy of Canada, Visa Section , Rome, Italy . How can i have my document back? Help please, what should i do??!!
Thank you

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi fjoralba, I'm sorry to hear the applications were rejected! Can you explain me what you mean by "my document" do you mean the passports or the submitted documents?

fjoralba

Jun 28, 2016
Hi Hansi, yes, with my documents I mean all the documents that I surrounded at the VAC Office here in my Country when i have done the application. Do we have any chance to reapply and take the visa?! Cz we are planning to reapply for a turist visa but this time we are thinking to do the application at the Canadian Embassy Rome Italy, not at the VAC office. And about this rejected visa ,is there any problem?! I mean,is this a negative mark for us or no?! I'm a little bit furious,because we had all the documents detailed,we had the invitation letter,we had a lot off money,we had employment prospects, we had personal assets, this was unacceptable!! But anyway,as they prefer to say,to come in Canada is a privilege not a right....Thank you so much for your answer!

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am not sure if they are supposed to return your documents. So maybe another member here has an answer to that? Have you received your passports back though?

You can reapply anytime but maybe you have to rearrange all the documents and present it better than the last time.

1.Are you going to Canada as tourists or are you also visiting family?
2.How long is your visit?
3.What kind of documents did you and your fiancee submitted as financial proof? Are all the documents registered and translated to English?
4.What did you submit as proof of employment? Employment contract, proof of leave, business registration, tax payments?
5.Did they only reject you based on finances and employment prospect?

A rejection doesn't always mean a very bad thing. I think you need to organise all the documents and proof that you have income and assets in the country of residency, that you are both employed (letter from your employer, approval of leave, contract). When you re-apply don't forget to tick the box where they ask if you've been refused visa.

Can you post all the documents you have submitted (separate ones for you and your fiancee) here so we have a better idea of your situation?

thanks

Hopeful2211

Jul 27, 2016
  • Hi,

My story is similar. I applied for a visitor's visa to bring my boyfriend from Cuba for two month visit. We had two rejections and different reasons for the refusal. The first time I submitted the following documents:

1. Copy of passport
    2. Letter of invitation
    3. Bank statement - recently opened
    4. Letter from his employer
    5. Reserved airline ticket with specified departure date and travel itinerary
    6. Pictures of us and hotel vouchers as a proof of relationship

Reason for rejection:
    Purpose of visit and personal assets and financial status.

In the second application, in addition to the above, we submitted letters from his parents and friends, letter from my daughter and friends. We also submitted an approved absence from work for two months for him and a salary verification letter for me.

This time the reasons for rejections were:
    1. Length of proposed stay in Canada
    2. Employment prospects in country of residence
    3. Current employment situation
    4. Personal assets and financial status

I just need to know what is it going to take to receive a positive response.

We are going to get married next month and I will sponsor him but the processing time is listed as 26 months. I am trying to decide what will be best to apply for in addition to the sponsorship, student visa to learn English or try for visitor's visa again. It is extremely difficult to prepare documentation as the requirements seem to change every time and we are not sure what the thought process of the Immigration officers was.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Two months is far too long a visit unless he has traveled extensively to countries in the past requiring visas (e.g. US, UK, Europe). You should ask for 2-3 weeks tops. His ties to his home country are quite weak. Can he show anything further? Property lease or ownership?

What bank balance did he show?

Don't bother applying for the study permit to learn English. CIC will see right away that he's not a genuine student but is just looking for a means of getting to Canada ahead of the PR approval. You'll just end up with another refusal.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add to the above - I would think carefully before applying again. Too many refusals can impact a spousal sponsorship application - and three could end up being a problem. I wouldn't apply again unless he can show significant additional evidence to show ties to his home country.

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
if we apply the second time after refusal for the firtst time with 2-3 weeks visit. how long would the visa be given? will it be valid until 3 weeks or life time of passport

jredlom

May 23, 2016
I have been admitted for a french language and culture course at McGill University in Quebec city for January 2017. I have fully paid for my course and also paid fully for off campus accommodation.

I am 23 years and hold an Associate Degree in Hospitality Management and a flight attendant certificate, I want to work as a flight attendant or Restaurant supervisor or manager in a big hotel that is why i want to learn the french language which will give me an advantage.

I own a grocery and cosmetic shop and the business has been registered in my name.

DOCUMENT I WILL BE SUBMITTING TO THE EMBASSY

*Acceptance Letter

*Accommodation reservation receipt

*My Business Registration Certificate and Tax Receipts

*Tenancy agreement for my rented shop

*University Certificate and transcripts

*Few receipts of good I purchase to my shop

*Personal Bank Statement with $2000 CND and Reference letter from bank

*Statement of Purpose

*Letter from my Church to give evidence of my role and duties in Church

*Tenancy agreement of my rented room

*Sponsors Bank Statement with balance of $4600 CND and reference letter from the bank (My Sponsor is my Biological mother)

*Sponsorship Letter

*Affidavit of Sponsorship

*Copy of sponsors passport

Do I have a strong case to be a successful applicant?

NB:I am using a sponsor because my business is only a year and 2 months old