Rahulvaid

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to niagara border today for flagpole ,but unfortunately due to no proof of funds officer told me to come back again later with pof or employer letter and pay stubs

Got really disaapointed as they doesn't ask for it generally , will try again on Saturday

Did anybody also faced the same situation ? Please share ur experience and advice
Tha k

Gini

Mar 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
That sucks! I have never heard of that, but if it had been me, I think I would just have logged into my online banking on my phone and showed him the balance to try to speed this up....did you try that?

Rahulvaid

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That sucks! I have never heard of that, but if it had been me, I think I would just have logged into my online banking on my phone and showed him the balance to try to speed this up....did you try that?
no i didnt tried that , as I dont have enough funds in my a/c , I asked my employer for refrence letter and wl take one month pay stub wd me next time,its been only one month i came here on wrk permit,

Lets see wat hpns on sat , wat new doc they need

Rahulvaid

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The documents stated on CIC website for landing doesn't say you need to bring POF or employment letter or pay stub. Feels like the officer was just being a jerk
Ya u r right , I enquired about the same by calling CIC also before going ,they said only copr passport and work permit is required,

Dont know they r not clear among themselves

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to niagara border today for flagpole ,but unfortunately due to no proof of funds officer told me to come back again later with pof or employer letter and pay stubs

Got really disaapointed as they doesn't ask for it generally , will try again on Saturday

Did anybody also faced the same situation ? Please share ur experience and advice
Tha k
What is your stream, FSW? It is good practice to bring any document you submitted with your application to your landing also. Thereby avoiding these issues.

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
You were supposed to carry these proofs, as we do mention settlement funds and promise to bring that amount upon our arrival in Canada.
I dont know why some people are considering this absurd but the officer is not at all wrong on his part.

Reactions: nikolain and lachy_

diljitdosanjh

Star Member
May 5, 2017
You were supposed to carry these proofs, as we do mention settlement funds and promise to bring that amount upon our arrival in Canada.
I dont know why some people are considering this absurd but the officer is not at all wrong on his part.
I disagree. Any applicant with PPR has already proven that they have sufficient funds. Checking this again at flagpolling is superfluous.

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
I disagree. Any applicant with PPR has already proven that they have sufficient funds. Checking this again at flagpolling is superfluous.
Strongly disagree, They did not create this requirement to be a mere paperwork formality. did they ?
We declare these funds as our support for first year when we enter in Canada and its a problem if we cannot demonstrate that we have those funds on the first day of our official entry into the country.
And its the job of border officers to inspect.

Reactions: nikolain

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
You should have brought your job offer or employment letter or the print out of bank statement that you used during your PR application. The officer has the right to ask you POF as you have mentioned from your previous post that you just recently came to Canada on work permit this May 2017 and received your PPR a day after. The officer clearly asking for your settlement funds as a new immigrant. The officer is not being absurd here. He's just doing his job.

Last edited:

dannio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
You should have brought your job offer or employment letter or the print out of bank statement that you used during your PR application. The officer has the right to ask you POF as you have mentioned from your previous post that you just recently came to Canada on work permit this May 2017 and received your PPR a day after. The officer clearly asking for your settlement funds as a new immigrant. The officer is not being absurd here. He's just doing his job.
Actually you ought to have some reasonable amount of funds with you at the border this is to show that you can take absolute care of your self before you get a Job or whatever the case maybe.It iis standard procedure.He was just doing his job.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
"Prepare for your arrival – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
If you are already in Canada

If you are granted permanent residence, we will contact you and let you know what to do next.

You may either contact us to make an appointment or go to a Canadian “port of entry” (border crossing), and present:
  • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and/or your permanent resident visa. The officer will make sure all your documents are valid, and,
  • proof that you have the funds to support yourself and your family..."
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/arrival.asp

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Prepare for your arrival – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
If you are already in Canada

If you are granted permanent residence, we will contact you and let you know what to do next.

You may either contact us to make an appointment or go to a Canadian “port of entry” (border crossing), and present:
  • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and/or your permanent resident visa. The officer will make sure all your documents are valid, and,
  • proof that you have the funds to support yourself and your family..."
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/arrival.asp
But nowhere in the CIC website states the documents needed to land!!!!!!

Lol...

Reactions: diljitdosanjh

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
But nowhere in the CIC website states the documents needed to land!!!!!!

Lol...
This is quoted from the CIC/IRCC's website. Check the link for further details.

"The officer will ask you a few questions to make sure you still meet the terms to immigrate to Canada. They will be similar to the ones you answered when you applied. This should only take a few minutes."

At the time of landing, an applicant has to satisfy the officer that s/he has enough funds/means of financial support for him/herself and his/her family. Whether all officers ask/check these details is not a question, applicants are required to carry all these documents with them when they appear for landing.