+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got refusal

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Hello guys
I have done masters in India
After that work experience as a store supervisor
Two refusals in 2019 for hospitality management from Conestoga due to irrelevant course,
Than changed course to pgd supply chain management from cape Breton University for third application . applied 10 August refused 25 Feb.
This time reason according to gcms is officer concerned about after study benefits in Canada vs benefits in India. Similar options available in India, High cost of study in Canada so study plans are unreasonable . Additionally changed DLI AND course and that makes my study goals inconsistent .
My IELTS expiring in April and offer letter in may .. what u guys suggest .. refund or reapply..

• Haha
Reactions: demme343

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You were rightly refused. You have a Masters degree and then applied for supply chain management. Why do you need to come to Canada to take that course (and spend thousands)? How does taking that course help your career in India. Can’t you take the course in India or even online. If you reapply what will you change?

Reactions: jagmeetsinghji1

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
You were rightly refused. You have a Masters degree and then applied for supply chain management. Why do you need to come to Canada to take that course (and spend thousands)? How does taking that course help your career in India. Can’t you take the course in India or even online. If you reapply what will you change?
Any chances if I opt for MBA

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Applied 9 August
No need to give bio because of previous refusal
No aip
Medical updated 12 Feb around
Bvl and refusal around 25 Feb from Ottawa
Ghost updates in between

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
MBA if you choose a public university not private. Tuition starts at around $50k for one year. Again need a strong reason to spend $100k on a MBA in Canada and how it leads to career advancement in your home country.

Reactions: jagmeetsinghji1

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
What did you do your masters in?
M.a English degree pg..but I applied for supply chain management on the basis of my job experience as store supervisor..and in sop demanded visa on the basis that I don't have educational background to progress in my filed of work.so the course will provide the needed boost.. explained job opportunities company names salary packages etc in sop but nothing worked..my agent is saying let's reapply but Im unable to find any reason do so

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Supply chain management courses are where many international students try to apply to and get a study permit. Honestly doing an MBA in Canada makes no sense as you can do supply chain management anywhere and probably online. You already have three refusals and your profile “screams” immigration because you already have a Masters with work experience and most times this is enough points for Express Entry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
M.a English degree pg..but I applied for supply chain management on the basis of my job experience as store supervisor..and in sop demanded visa on the basis that I don't have educational background to progress in my filed of work.so the course will provide the needed boost.. explained job opportunities company names salary packages etc in sop but nothing worked..my agent is saying let's reapply but Im unable to find any reason do so
Supply chain degree is not really a natural progression from a store manager.

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Supply chain management courses are where many international students try to apply to and get a study permit. Honestly doing an MBA in Canada makes no sense as you can do supply chain management anywhere and probably online. You already have three refusals and your profile “screams” immigration because you already have a Masters with work experience and most times this is enough points for Express Entry.
I know that it's a PR application disguised as study permit and they also know this..but the fact is many got visa with such profiles even few of my knowns...they got through in first attempt but I'm on the wrong side of things..and I'm not reaching the cut off if try under express entry , the cut off needs to come down to 460 around or I have to learn French to reach the current one

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I know that it's a PR application disguised as study permit and they also know this..but the fact is many got visa with such profiles even few of my knowns...they got through in first attempt but I'm on the wrong side of things..and I'm not reaching the cut off if try under express entry , the cut off needs to come down to 460 around or I have to learn French to reach the current one
Your biggest mistake was hospitality management for the first two refusals (made no sense) and not selecting a better program after the first refusal especially if you are a store manager. Now you have 3 refusals. Your options are a PhD or an excellent MBA program with strong reasons for paying $100k for a program if you want to study in Canada. Or learn French to a B2 level.