+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got refusal with unfair reasons

bonapart

Mar 7, 2015
Hey guys !
Today I collected my envelop which contained the decision of my study permit application.
They have unfortunately refused my application with unfair reasons. Here I am writing my profile and the embassy's reasons of refusal .

• I have admission to MBA with 2 months management predatory course since I am of none business background
  • the duration of my course is 16 months and tuition fee is total 37,000 CAD
  • i have shown total 60,000 CAD statement with the source from where I have earned this (payslips and employment contracts )

And their reasons for refusal are : insufficient financial resources without work to pay for tuition fee and personal costs and air ticket
The other one say : not satisfied me that you will return back to your country at end of your stay
The other one is : insufficient personal assets and financial status .

I am confused why they have rejected my application based on these reason.

Any idea or suggestions, because I am planning to re apply soon.

Regards

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonapart said:
Hey guys !
Today I collected my envelop which contained the decision of my study permit application.
They have unfortunately refused my application with unfair reasons. Here I am writing my profile and the embassy's reasons of refusal .

• I have admission to MBA with 2 months management predatory course since I am of none business background
  • i have shown total 60,000 CAD statement with the source from where I have earned this (payslips and employment contracts )

And their reasons for refusal are : insufficient financial resources without work to pay for tuition fee and personal costs and air ticket
The other one say : not satisfied me that you will return back to your country at end of your stay

Regards

PAY part of ur school fees, incase u willing to reapply again

Reactions: Adunniade

spidy_six

May 28, 2015
India
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2015
Did you pay the first semester fees? If not, you should have paid and then applied for the course as it would at least convince the Visa office that you are actually interested for the course. Also, a good SOP would help in cases like yours where your background is of non business but you applying for Business program.

bonapart

Mar 7, 2015
I have already paid 10,000 CAD.
Today I noticed that the duration of course is 16 months, but the university has written in letter which is for the embassy asking that " Please issue study permit/work permit till August 2017 for Mr. XXXX", which is almost 23 Months.

The financial part I calculated as for my living expenses is only for 16 months, so I think this could be the problem for my first issue. I am going to deposit some more money in order to cover my expenses for 23 months, but still I have got no Idea what to do with "Personal Assets" issue.

Could anybody please tell me what to do in order to convince the immigration officer that I will return back to my home country after completion of my studies. I have go no personal asset, but my dad has a house, can I use that as asset?

I am also thinking to get a letter from my employer to assure that I will get back to my current job upon completion of my degree, will this work ?

Regards,

bonapart

Mar 7, 2015
@spidy_six

I don't see any problem with my course of study. The problem is only finacials .
I got the solution for first problem, but still facing issue with second which is "Statisfying the immigration officer that I will return back to my home country upon completion of my studies". and the factor for that is lack of personal assets.

Regards,

canadian_chacha

Jun 29, 2015
sorry to hear that u got a refusal..

the financial issues can be tackled,,if u intend to apply again.

get a loan for ur studies even if u have ample funds..u can always have it dropped after u get a visa for a certain charge

and if u have any immovable property back home show that as well..or if any in ur parents name.
u can also have a letter from ur parents for financial support

and a letter from ur present employer would be wonderful and that could act as a good tie back home
but more importantly snd along a strong SOP listing why u intend to come back even though most of ppl here are going
to eventually settle down there

at times these refusals so flimsy.do share ur complete profile.i mean ur work ex, age , earlier studies etc..

and do u have any strong familial ties in canada??

BEST of LUCK

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
what about gic?

bonapart

Mar 7, 2015
No gic.
What is exactly gic and what good does it do for study permit application ? Is it helpful ?

canadian_chacha

Jun 29, 2015
bonapart said:
No gic.
What is exactly gic and what good does it do for study permit application ? Is it helpful ?
@bonapart GIC is Guaranteed investment certificate. its a mandatory requirement if applying under SPP

otherwise u can also show it as proof of funds. for unversity or non spp categories
its just another method to fulfill funds availability but not necessary of u r sure about other funds

thru u invest some 10000 CAD in a bank in canda presently i guess its SCOTIA bank. and u get a monthly amount back to pay for ur daily needs , lodging etc.

it makes ur case strong that u have enough funds available to provide for urself.

well u didnt share ur profile , if u want to keep it private please ignore the question altogether. ;)

Savvyor

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
bonapart said:
Hey guys !

Regards
How old was your bank statement....4 months or 6 months??

bonapart

Mar 7, 2015
@canadian_chahca!

i have three accounts, two of them are of local currency salary accounts and the other once is USD account. What I have done is:
I gave them 1 year statement of both salary accounts th the closing balance - one of the account was almost zero and the other one was around 2,000 USD (in local currency )
My USD account was my whole three years of salary earnings. I had my savings from those two accounts and exchanged it to uSD and then deposited in my USD account .
I gave a 6 months bank statement with closing balance of 41,000 USD which is almost 53,000 CAD.plus I had already paid 10,000 CAD as first installment to university and I had the receipt attached. Therefore I had the fund of 63,000 CAD.

No my tuition fee is 37,000 CAD for the whole 16 month MBA. Plus if you calculate expenses of 16 month, then it will be 12,00 * 16 = 19,200.
Air ticket say 2,000
Then total expected fund should be 37,000 + 19,200 + 2000 = 58,200 CAD which is still less then what I had shown them. Then why the reason - "insufficient fund"?
Anyway, this time I am planning on increasing 16,000 CAD more into my bank statement and I hope this solves the issue of - "insufficient fund"

I am also planning to attach documents of my father's land as personal asset. I know it's not personal asset, but I will mention in my SOP that my assets are all my father's. Plus a letter from my current employer assuring me of getting my current job after graduation.

I hope this solves the second issue which is - "personal assets & financial status " and convince the immigration officer that I will return back to my home country upon my graduation .

Any suggestions and ideas will be highly appreciated .
Regards.

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Next time, be sure to apply with GIC

Case closed

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
bonapart said:
Hey guys !

Apply for CAiPS notes of the visa officer. These CAIPS notes must have the actual reasons of refusal or the concerns visa officer had regarding your application. Consult the notes and try to address these reasons in your new application.
[/list]

Regards

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
GTO911 said:
Next time, be sure to apply with GIC

Case closed
before u suggest GIC please ask OP which country they r from. GIC is only for indians as far as i know.

@ bonapart please share ur complete profile and what documents u attached to better understand ur case

bonapart

Mar 7, 2015
@mead, here is the complete story.

I have admission in MBA with 2months foundation management program at Vancouver island university starting on 21th September 2015. The complete tuition fee is 37,000 CAD, out of which I have already paid 10,000 CAD as first installment . The duration of course is 16 month said by university. My acceptance letter say " Mr. Xxxx will be a full time student at university of Vancouver island from 21th Sept 2015 To Aug 2017. Please him study permit / work permit accordingly " there fore the financial calculations (tuition fee + living expenses were based on 16 months duration of course)

Documents I have submitted are:
1. All required forms for study permit
2. Upfront medical examination
3. Employment contracts
4. Payslips for the past 6 months of my current job and 10 months of my previous job
6. Salary certificates of my current and previous employment
5. 10 months bank statement each of my previous teo salary accounts with closing balance of almost zero ( these accounts were in local currency and I used these statements to only support the source of funding of my third USD bank account )
6. 6 months bank statement with closing balance of almost 41,000 USD (around 53,000 CAD)
7. Copy of my visa ( since I was applying from Dubai) which is other than my country of residence.i was there only for one week.
8. Bio metrics done in VFS Dubai.
9. Copy of acceptance letter
10. Receipt of first payment to university (10,000 CAD)
11. Air ticket reservation all the way from kabul - Afghanistan to nanoimi city of Vancouver island through Toronto
12. Hotel reservation for a week till I get my accommodation arranged of campus.

That's all I have submitted. My application got processed in 4 weeks, from May 26th - 30th June
The reasons of refusal were :

1. Insufficient fund to support my tuition fee and living costs without working in Canada
2. You have not convinced me that you will return back to your home country upon completion of your studies and the factor I considered is : personal assets and financial status
That's my whole profile, hope to get usual suggestions and ideas for my next attempt.