+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Refusal Today. Help needed.

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hey guys,

I applied from India under SDS category on 16th Oct 2020 and completed biometrics from Dubai.

I received a refusal today on grounds of not leaving Canada at the end of the stay.

I have a few queries, would be great if someone experienced could guide me.

-Can I appeal this decision in any way and would it be useful?
-Will raising webform and showing strong home-ties help now?
-Can I continue my studies and apply for a new study permit in the interim and hope I get a result before 1st semester ends?

Thank you in advance for helping me with the above queries.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hey guys,

I applied from India under SDS category on 16th Oct 2020 and completed biometrics from Dubai.

I received a refusal today on grounds of not leaving Canada at the end of the stay.

-Can I continue my studies and apply for a new study permit in the interim and hope I get a result before 1st semester ends?

Have you overstayed a previous visa in Canada? Appeals are historically ineffective but you can try sure. I think it's called reconsideration. In terms of studying, you can but just note that it is at your own risk.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Hey guys,

As the above mentioned. You can appeal, but it is challenging. Please don't bother sending any webform; once the decision has been made, they will do nothing. You can reapply with a stronger SOP, and you can send them an enrolment letter to show them how genuine you are that you intend to study and leave.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys,

Can you tell what your work and education history is, what degree you applied for, what program you applied for, whether you have family in Canada. etc.? Have you applied for other Canadian permits/visas? Have you applied to get GCMS notes?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hey guys,

AS other said, appeal is useless process just good on papers. You should give a brief of your profile here so someone can suggest what needs to be done. Not leave end of stay is a very generic comment which everyone receives. This is mostly related to your home ties (economically or your immediate family which can be wife or kid). Parents are not considered ties unless you are under lets say 21 or you are not married yet.

Pascalala

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Hello dear,

Good day, please I need your help. I'm Pascal, From Nigeria. I got refusal letter on (12-Jan-2021). I studied Estate Management and going for Project Management postgraduate in Algonquin College. The reasons for the refusal was that my study plan was vague and poorly documented. They said I didn't show a clear career path and education employment history linking my previous qualification (Estate Management) and my proposed study (Project Management). I'm abit confused. Please, can you help me in anyway even if it's a sample so I can conjure a stronger SOP.
Thanks in anticipation of your urgent response
Pascal
Can you tell what your work and education history is, what degree you applied for, what program you applied for, whether you have family in Canada. etc.? Have you applied for other Canadian permits/visas? Have you applied to get GCMS notes?

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Thank you everyone for the response.

I would order the GCMS notes today itself. Below is my background:
-I have never traveled to Canada although I have multiple stamps on my passport for other countries (all tourist visa)
-I completed my Bcom Hons degree in 2016
-I have 3.9 years of experience working as a Project Manager (in an e-commerce firm at a manufacturing unit so have somewhat related experience of logistics, operations, and inventory management).
- 1.5 years worked as a Quality Assurance analyst at an asset management company

Course applied: Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics
50% of the semester has been completed and scoring around 90% overall (not that it matter in any way).

In my SOP I did not show any property or financial statements as I applied under SDS so got a GIC done instead.

Kindly assist and guide me. Thank you again for all the help here.

Another query, can I complete my education online from my home country without a permit? (I know it would not get counted towards the PGWP but would it be accepted while applying for the PR directly? Having another degree? Don't know if this degree would be treated as a distance learning one and get disregarded).