+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Refusal of my Canadian PR Application due to Proof of Funds -- Need Help

fox2k1

Apr 18, 2011
I have shown proof of funds as 13100 CAD instead of 13800 CAD.
Today I got a letter stating that application got refused.
I have sufficient funds but some how I missed the calculation.

Can I request them to re-consider my application.
What will be my next course of action.

Please help out.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Write a long letter explaining. Where were the enough funds in another bank statements or in another bank account. Tell them you forgot to include all the statements. Thats what I would have done, courier the whole application before long.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for the rejection seeing that it was a very little amount short of the specified funds. You might not be able to re-open the case even if you write however I would still say go ahead and try. Appeal to their humanitarian side in your letter. Show evidence that you had the balance funds for say over 6months in an account that belongs to you.

Regards,

Barsindoo

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
fox2k1 said:

Please help out.
Dear fox2k1, I would like to know, is this 13100 the amount you "wrote" in the application form? Because, in my case, I was also required to have at least 13800 CAD but at that time I had 16000 CAD, so I wrote 16000 CAD in the application form but later on, I had to invest some money and I am left with more or less 13000-13500 CAD. But I have read in forum many times that 70% to 80% of the total required funds' value in your accounts is sufficient during application processing. Is this correct?

fox2k1

Apr 18, 2011
I had shown 13100 in my application. But some how I have miscalculated.
Right now I have around more than 14000.

I am not sure whether CIC re-consider my case.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am sorry that you are at this point, and there is nothing to stop you making an appeal for reconsideration, but I really think you just have one decision to make. Do I reapply NOW while I KNOW that I have the minimum of 67 or more points? OR, do I wait to see IF they will let me prove I had the correct funds when I first applied with the knowledge that they could change the rules before I am able to reapply if that doesn't work......? Somewhere it definitely says in the instructions that your application will be returned if the fees are not correct, so I think there is little chance they are going to make an exception. I know only too well what a hassle it is to mount another application from scratch, but it IS easier the second time round. Make a decision and act on it NOW.

senoritazl

Apr 14, 2011
Did the officer check with the bank where you deposited the money or just think so according to your application form? Do you mind to share your timeline? Thanks!

pratirajya

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Dear Pal
If you just applied and your application was returned back , and you still have your NOC unfilled please apply as soon as possible. If your NOC has already capped then may be you could write to explain your situation and sent the application again. My application was returned back in October when a small detail was missing. And I send the application right away and was able to get PER. So give a try which ever situation suits you.

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
senoritazl said:
Did the officer check with the bank where you deposited the money or just think so according to your application form? Do you mind to share your timeline? Thanks!
same questions

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
Hi fox2k1,

U can send a 'mercy plea'.FYI,our forum member Yodireddy's application was rejected due to insufficient funds on March 2011.Our forum members asked him to send a 'mercy plea' and updated bank statements.guess what? he got an email saying that they re-opening his file and also got PPR & RPRF.

see below thread for reference
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applications-filed-through-ns-buffalo-filed-from-usa-t26562.0.html;msg661644#msg661644

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-rejected-due-to-insufficient-funds-qorax-please-advice-t66855.0.html;msg660471#msg660471

some of the quotes from Yogireddy
yogireddy said:
My Application rejected due to insufficient funds
In the documents sent after medicals I have mistakenly duplicated the same statement and sent.
I am trying send the documents which are CD statements for reconsideration. as in the refusal they mention that the duplicate statement is submitted,I have written stating the mistake and sent the documents showing the proof of funds for the same Emailed and also faxed the documents will there be a chance that they will reconsider the status.
Seniors please advice.
Thanks
yogireddy said:
I have sent the same statement two copies and counted the funds instead of sending the diffrent cd statement. how much chance for reconsideration
yogireddy said:
After the reconsideration letter received this Friday got email saying that they are re opening the file and also got my RPRF &PP request I Email...hurray...... ;D....
Sending passports for visa stamping on Monday will keep you guys posted.
Try to follow up with 'Yodireddy'.
I wish they reconsider ur case and hopefully u will receive positive feedback from VO.All the Best friend.

Regards
pearl2010

yogireddy

Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUffalo NY Transfered to LA
NOC Code......
NOC 0213
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-27-2009
Doc's Request.
05-21-2009
AOR Received.
10-29-2009
File Transfer...
04-22-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-19-2010 (Received 07-03-2010 As per Fedex)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2011
LANDED..........
06-11-2011
fox2k1 said:

Please help out.
HI Fox2k1.
Do write a letter explaining the situation and try to send in the statements which will be giving in detail that you are having the funds at the time of submission and the error happened due to miscalculation from your side and present your case as politely as possible.
Attach the documents along with the rejection letter and a cover letter explaining the funds and how you qualify and meet the funds requirement.
Do try to send in all communications possible i.e Email Fax and Snail mail.
If you can prove that you have the funds at the time of application and it is only a genuine case miss interpretation from your side there are good chances of reconsideration.
But keep in mind the funds you are stating should be available at the time off your documents send date not at a later period.wish you best of luck.
Do it ASAP

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
A +1 to Yogireddy and Pearl SHOULD get one, but it won't let me repeat Karma for you yet. I hope Fox2k1 will follow your excellent advice, ditch mine, and let us know the outcome. Nice one, guys!!!

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fox2k1 said:

Please help out.
I think it will help other new applicants not to always follow the exact amount. at times it is good to keep and extra amount ,in case of any difference in the exchange rate.

just wish the could understand.

S

shibuya

Always declare $ 2000 more than the specified amount to be on safer side as daily the rates are fluctuating.
www.fx.com

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
fox2k1 said:

Please help out.
dear fox,
follow pearl2010's advice