+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Procedural Fairness Letter due to mistake in travel history

Mielly

Sep 19, 2019
I made a mistake in travel history. I got confused with the questions and I thought the question about visa refusal was related to Canada only as the 1st question above was related to Canada. I got refused with my US visa before and i did not intend to withheld this info. I got a Procedural Fairness Letter and is there a chance that they will consider this as an innocent mistake?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I made a mistake in travel history. I got confused with the questions and I thought the question about visa refusal was related to Canada only as the 1st question above was related to Canada. I got refused with my US visa before and i did not intend to withheld this info. I got a Procedural Fairness Letter and is there a chance that they will consider this as an innocent mistake?
What type of application? Does the letter mention a ban? You must respond immediately with any documentation you have from the US refusal and why it was refused. If you don’t want to respond yourself then hire a Canadian immigration lawyer.

Mielly

Sep 19, 2019
What type of application? Does the letter mention a ban? You must respond immediately with any documentation you have from the US refusal and why it was refused. If you don’t want to respond yourself then hire a Canadian immigration lawyer.
Yes 5yrs ban but they gave me 15days to respond. Do you know someone who still got approved despite the mistake that was made? Do you know how much to pay with Canadian immigration lawyer if i hire one?

Mielly

Sep 19, 2019
Temporary resident visa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes 5yrs ban but they gave me 15days to respond. Do you know someone who still got approved despite the mistake that was made? Do you know how much to pay with Canadian immigration lawyer if i hire one?
Some people have had the ban overturned but it doesn’t mean that the visa was approved. You need to respond immediately explaining why you didn’t state you had a US visa refusal, and provide documentation you have on the refusal. An immigration lawyer pays by the hour so depends on how much work they need to do. Search the forum as many people have received PFL letters for visa refusals.

Mielly

Sep 19, 2019
Some people have had the ban overturned but it doesn’t mean that the visa was approved. You need to respond immediately explaining why you didn’t state you had a US visa refusal, and provide documentation you have on the refusal. An immigration lawyer pays by the hour so depends on how much work they need to do. Search the forum as many people have received PFL letters for visa refusals.
Thank you so much.

Mielly

Sep 19, 2019
Thank you so much.
I already sent the response and uploaded in the same portal where i submitted my application. I send it as additional document. Did i send correctly?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I already sent the response and uploaded in the same portal where i submitted my application. I send it as additional document. Did i send correctly?
If there wasn’t an address to send to then send by webform too. You will want to make sure you presented a clear défense on why you didn’t include the information with any documentation on your refusal. A PFL is serious so it may take months to a year for a response.