+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PR visa but afraid of rejection at borders

Newlife

May 25, 2011
Hi ...

Finally, i have got the PR visa and should fly for canada by the end of the year
My problem is that in as a part of my job in a MNC company today, i have been recently asked to
travel to some countries such Iran, syria, iraq for short period of time (1 to 3 days, max 5)
I am now afraid to be rejected once landing in canada, due to the stamps of these countries on my passport.., especially that I am arab national as well!!!

Is there any chance that thid happen? It will be my first and hopfully last travels to these countries

Thank you to give me an answer... I really worry about this subject and need an urgent solution

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't you contact both CIC and CBSA if you would be deny entry to Canada?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry, this is not America, PR holders visit syria, iraq and iran constantly. There are many Iranian, Syrians and Iraqis living here and visit their home countries. We will be more than happy to welcome you as a PR

sunnytwin

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent to CIO
AOR Received.
07-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent to CIO
Med's Request
05-April-2011
Med's Done....
24-April-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-June-2011
Interesting post!

I can only imagine "security risk" as the only reason for not letting you in??? So if your work does not involve or engage in such risks then you should have nothing to worry about, yes?!!

Of course, make sure you bring/prepare all the usual 'landing" related documents such as COPR, proof of funds, settler effects, etc.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
You won't be denied entry due to your travels. You have a PR visa. Just as long as you have settlement funds, etc. You are good.