+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PR last year - a few questions about my COPR

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I got my PR almost a year ago now and when I did so the officer made several mistakes that I had to correct her on.

So I was reorganizing my documents yesterday, when I got worried that maybe she had made other mistakes on it, so I checked it over. I have a few questions I'd like to make sure aren't issues. I am probably just worrying myself, since I know I tend to do that, but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me confirm that this is okay.

1. My biggest concern is that when it asks if you were refused admission, I said no. I have been denied entry at the border before, which I mentioned to the officer and she gave some explanation to me. I forgot what this was exactly, but she definitely told me that I should put no once I explained the situation to her. But I'm unsure whether to even believe her, since she was already making other mistakes, so I'd like to ask about that first. I think her explanation was that this was referring to the last entry date, but can't remember very clearly.

2. My IME#:
This wasn't on my medical. It's been on one random form before, but it was different than this one. My medical got extended, so I think that changed or something. Should I assume they have this right?

3.UCI number for sponsor:
I wasn't even aware this number existed, so I'm not sure how to verify if it's correct. Do I trust that they filled this one in properly as well?

4. IRCC 3296:
I tried to verify that this was the correct office number for the one in Etobicoke (the one I went to), but can't seem to locate the information.

Sorry for all the questions, everyone. This stuff is important, so I want to make sure it's right and if there is an issue, I want to correct it. So thanks in advance for all the help, we appreciate it!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I got my PR almost a year ago now and when I did so the officer made several mistakes that I had to correct her on.

So I was reorganizing my documents yesterday, when I got worried that maybe she had made other mistakes on it, so I checked it over. I have a few questions I'd like to make sure aren't issues. I am probably just worrying myself, since I know I tend to do that, but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me confirm that this is okay.

1. My biggest concern is that when it asks if you were refused admission, I said no. I have been denied entry at the border before, which I mentioned to the officer and she gave some explanation to me. I forgot what this was exactly, but she definitely told me that I should put no once I explained the situation to her. But I'm unsure whether to even believe her, since she was already making other mistakes, so I'd like to ask about that first. I think her explanation was that this was referring to the last entry date, but can't remember very clearly.

2. My IME#:
This wasn't on my medical. It's been on one random form before, but it was different than this one. My medical got extended, so I think that changed or something. Should I assume they have this right?

3.UCI number for sponsor:
I wasn't even aware this number existed, so I'm not sure how to verify if it's correct. Do I trust that they filled this one in properly as well?

4. IRCC 3296:
I tried to verify that this was the correct office number for the one in Etobicoke (the one I went to), but can't seem to locate the information.

Sorry for all the questions, everyone. This stuff is important, so I want to make sure it's right and if there is an issue, I want to correct it. So thanks in advance for all the help, we appreciate it!
Hi

1. You were probably given the option to withdraw your application to enter, not a direct refusal.

2. Immigration medical is entirely irrelevant at this point.

3. Irrelevant.

4. Irrelevant.

Reactions: epmarshall

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

1. You were probably given the option to withdraw your application to enter, not a direct refusal.

2. Immigration medical is entirely irrelevant at this point.

3. Irrelevant.

4. Irrelevant.
Yes, I do recall being given some kind of withdrawal app when the border incident took place for me. So that should probably be okay.

Thanks so much for your response, canuck! I feel very relieved knowing it's not an issue. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know.