+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got PR card..living outside. Canada..we are expecting baby...

hi-fi man

Star Member
Jan 8, 2011
Dear All

i landed in Canada - in last month of 2014 ..got PR card and reached back to Karachi, Pakistan

Now my wife got pregnant..and we are expecting baby in August-2015.

now please guide..if my baby born in Pakistan , can i get registered or get his/ her PR card easily ?

or best thing is to have baby birth in Canada. 8)

Regards

hi-fi

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

If the child is born in Pakistan, s/he would need to be sponsored for PR. I believe Pakistani spousal sponsorship apps are taking at least a year right now in London; a child sponsorship app *may* be a bit faster than that. Additionally, as you are a PR, you would need to be residing in Canada throughout the sponsorship process. You could try for a TRV or TRP for your child but there is a good possibility that s/he would not be able to enter Canada until the sponsorship process is complete, so you would be apart from your child for quite some time.

If it's possible to have the child in Canada, it would be much easier. However, depending on which province you plan to live in, there may be a 2-3 month wait period for healthcare, so you may need to be prepared to pay out-of-pocket for costs until she is covered.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi-fi man said:
Dear All

i landed in Canada - in last month of 2014 ..got PR card and reached back to Karachi, Pakistan

Now my wife got pregnant..and we are expecting baby in August-2015.

now please guide..if my baby born in Pakistan , can i get registered or get his/ her PR card easily ?

or best thing is to have baby birth in Canada. 8)

Regards

hi-fi
Child born in Canada will become Citizen under "Jus Soli" the second he is delivered.