+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PPR. Lessons learnt for all of you.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Got my PPR 5 days ago and thought to share some tips on common questions/doubts that most of the aspirants have. I will restrict myself to the procedures i followed differently than what people generally do so that we are no longer scared to do things differently.

1. It is OK to upload ALL pages of passport. I did that

2. Work experience of spouse can be zero in his/her work history. It doesn't fetch any points anyways if it is non-Canadian experience

3. You can mention travel history between country of origin and country of residence in addition to other travels

4. It is OK to not have work experience on company letter head as long as you can get it from a colleague (with his ID attached). Just ensure ALL the information needed is provided. Payslips add value to authenticity. Also, NO need of notary attestation. I never did that

5. LOEs are a must. My application had around 6-7 LOEs in individual sections

6. You can upload marksheets or transcripts in addition to degree certificate in education document section. Degree certificate is a must. Additionally, upload IELTS and WES results in this section

7. Try to get ALL the documents in colored scan especially the PCC

8. For POF, any sort of proof works as long as the required details have ALL that is needed by CIC which proves that funds are readily available with you, and that they belong to YOU and not someone else in any way (parents gift deed is fine)

9. Funds can be collectively shown in primary and secondary applicant bank accounts. Ensure ALL the details are available for both accounts

10. It is perfectly alright to move some work experience to personal history to save yourself from arranging documents for that, if you have already gathered the required number of months of experience

11. It is fine to play around with address history. I had skipped a few addresses where my duration was shorter and captured that period in another address of same/different city

12. It is also fine to play around with education timeline since we really do not know what end date to give to our education ( Exam end date, graduation date, city leaving date etc.). Just give anything but maintain consistency with address history dates and vice versa

13. You just need a basic medical checkup (urine test, chest x-ray, blood pressure check, blood test). Anything asked more than this, beware! The hospital is trying to make money out of you

14. None of my employer/reference was contacted. This means all is well as long as you give clear documents

For now i can remember the above points where everyone has doubts. Wish you all good luck for your PR process. If in-case i remember more points, will edit the post and add to it.

Cheers !

Last edited:

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi All,

Got my PPR 5 days ago and thought to share some tips on common questions/doubts that most of the aspirants have. I will restrict myself to the procedures i followed differently than what people generally do so that we are no longer scared to do things differently.

2. Work experience of spouse can be zero in his/her work history. It doesn't fetch any points anyways if it is non-Canadian experience

3. You can mention travel history between country of origin and country of residence in addition to other travels

4. It is OK to not have work experience on company letter head as long as you can get it from a colleague (with his ID attached). Just ensure ALL the information needed is provided. Payslips add value to authenticity

6. You can upload marksheets in addition to degree certificate in education document

8. For POF, anything sort of proof works as long as the required details have ALL that is needed by CIC which proves that funds are readily available with you, and that they belong to YOU and not someone else in any way (parents gift deed is fine)

9. Funds can be collectively shown in primary and secondary applicant bank accounts. Ensure ALL the details are available for both accounts

10. It is perfectly alright to move some work experience to personal history to save yourself from arranging documents for that, if you have already gathered the required number of months of experience

11. It is fine to play around with address history. I had skipped a few addresses where my duration was shorter and captured that period in another address of same/different city

12. It is also fine to play around with education timeline since we really do not know what end date to give to our education ( Exam end date, graduation date, city leaving date etc.). Just give anything but maintain consistency with address history dates and vice versa

13. You just need a basic medical checkup (urine test, chest x-ray, blood pressure check, blood test). Anything asked more than this, beware! The hospital is trying to make money out of you

14. None of my employer/reference was contacted. This means all is well as long as you give clear documents

For now i can remember the above points where everyone has doubts. Wish you all good luck for your PR process. If in-case i remember more points, will edit the post and add to it.

Cheers !
Congrats on ur PPR and thanks for the detailed info

Reactions: Tomi2

Deekap

Jun 28, 2017
Congratulations!
The post was indeed helpful. Just a question though. Did you attach transcripts in education section? Is it a mandatory document?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Nice. Do we need email proof saying that company doesn't provide reference letter on letterhead? I didn't provide any proof because I couldn't get such a thing in writing. I have given responsibilities in plain paper (with notary because my previous supervisor was fine going to notary anyways), and I gave his id card too. I also provided plenty of other proofs such as pay slips, annual salary revision letters all in letterhead, and tax returns, but just I don't have any written proof from company saying that they don't provide responsibilities in letterhead.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice. Do we need email proof saying that company doesn't provide reference letter on letterhead? I didn't provide any proof because I couldn't get such a thing in writing. I have given responsibilities in plain paper (with notary because my previous supervisor was fine going to notary anyways), and I gave his id card too. I also provided plenty of other proofs such as pay slips, annual salary revision letters all in letterhead, and tax returns, but just I don't have any written proof from company saying that they don't provide responsibilities in letterhead.
You are fine since you have given other proofs.

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
https://ibb.co/fm0gqF

Guys, pls help. In my checklist as in the above link, it says that LOR need the signature of "your immediate". I doubt if this's an incomplete sentence? Is it that HR person cannot sign the letter? Because none of my letters was signed by my supervisors. They all left. Pls help advise!!!

Yo!han

Dec 22, 2016
Hello kashjuni,

Were you able to make out, why your PPR took so long from IP2? I seem to be stuck at IP2, too. And mail from CPC Ottawa, says application is approved, but no PPR mail yet.
Thanks for your insight!

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello kashjuni,

Were you able to make out, why your PPR took so long from IP2? I seem to be stuck at IP2, too. And mail from CPC Ottawa, says application is approved, but no PPR mail yet.
Thanks for your insight!
You really can't do much about it. My application was approved on 19th May but got PPR email on 5th July. They took their own sweet time. All i could do was wait.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Hi All,

4. It is OK to not have work experience on company letter head as long as you can get it from a colleague (with his ID attached). Just ensure ALL the information needed is provided. Payslips add value to authenticity. Also, NO need of notary attestation. I never did that

6. You can upload marksheets or transcripts in addition to degree certificate in education document section. Degree certificate is a must. Additionally, upload IELTS and WES results in this section

8. For POF, any sort of proof works as long as the required details have ALL that is needed by CIC which proves that funds are readily available with you, and that they belong to YOU and not someone else in any way (parents gift deed is fine)

Cheers !
Without notarizing work exp letter is good to submit if signed by colleague?

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Hi All,

Cheers !
Thanks man, as it will clear doubts of many of us.
Regarding one of my employment, i had one year experience from may 16 to may 17. For may 16, I only have submitted T4 & Noa, & for ongoing 17 I have submitted all paystubs.
I didn't had pay stubs from 16 so i wasn't able to submit them, will t4 & noa be fine?.

Also, say for same company I had done 2 days work in 2015 as they needed me & that's all for that year. In ref letter my colleague didn't specified anything about that 2015 year & just said about may 16 to may 17.
But ref letter from hr said i have been employed since 15. In my loe, I have explained it & gave t4 for 2015 as well so that it's clear to Ircc.
Do you think my colleague should have written about that 2015 as well?

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks kashjuni for your nice and helpful post.

Here is my timeline :

eAPR : 28th April

Medical Passed: 2nd August

Background Check: Not Applicable since 3rd August

Category: PNP Outland

When can i expect PPR ? I didn't paid RPRF fee up front. Is that going to slow down the process?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks kashjuni for your nice and helpful post.

Here is my timeline :

eAPR : 28th April

Medical Passed: 2nd August

Background Check: Not Applicable since 3rd August

Category: PNP Outland

When can i expect PPR ? I didn't paid RPRF fee up front. Is that going to slow down the process?
nope. my AOR was july7th, my RPRF rquest came on Sept 7 (check my timeline in signature)