Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello seniors

After waiting for almost three years, I finally got PPR from Ottawa office. I need to send my passport to New York office though.

I am very happy and confused at the same time. I had planned to get married next week and now I got the PPR email this morning. Would it complicate my case if I email New York and notify them that I am getting married?

Please advise. I appreciate your help.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Basically, unless you call off the wedding, it will complicate things.

You'll need to notify CIC of your marriage and add your wife to the application. If she requires a PR too (she's not already a PR or citizen of Canada) it will add 2-3 months to get a new PPR.

If you don't tell CIC and land without her, you will never be able to sponsor her for PR in the future.

If she is Canadian already, they will just want copies of the marriage license, etc.

You must report any changes in family dynamics to CIC before landing.

DO NOT LAND WITHOUT ADDING HER!

waitforever

Sep 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with documents
Med's Request
15-05-2012
Med's Done....
24-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
amikety said:
Basically, unless you call off the wedding, it will complicate things.

You'll need to notify CIC of your marriage and add your wife to the application. If she requires a PR too (she's not already a PR or citizen of Canada) it will add 2-3 months to get a new PPR.

If you don't tell CIC and land without her, you will never be able to sponsor her for PR in the future.

If she is Canadian already, they will just want copies of the marriage license, etc.

You must report any changes in family dynamics to CIC before landing.

DO NOT LAND WITHOUT ADDING HER!
Thanks for the reply amikety. I had postponed many personal life decisions in the past three years and a lesson that I have learnt is not to sacrifice anything to CIC processing because I will never know what/when things happen.

Therefore, I went on with my wedding and added her to my application. Surprisingly, they were very responsive and replied to me in a few days asking for the standard documents such as new forms, birth certificates, marriage certificates, police clearance, etc. Fortunately, I had predicted all the documents and had them all ready with their English translation. I submitted the documents this weekend.

It would be out of this world if this only adds 2-3 months to the processing time (hopefully) since if I had called it off until I landed and applied through sponsorship, I would have had to wait for about 1.5-2 years to have my spouse here with me in Canada.

Fingers crossed and thanks for your reply.