+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PPR but my wife is pregnant, should we submit our passport?

xylo33

Jul 21, 2017
Hi All,

Last week I received PPR from CPC - Ottawa, I am the primary applicant and my wife is a dependent applicant. As per the email, we have 30 days to submit our passports. The email also mentioned that if there is any change in our circumstances then we should inform the CPC office. As my wife is now pregnant, which we found out only recently, I immediately emailed CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca about our situation with our application details and expected date of delivery which is in January 2018. I haven't received any reply to my e-mail so far. We want to move to Canada only after the delivery and want to include our child in the application.

In this situation, should I proceed to submit our passports to the visa office in New Delhi before the 30-day deadline expires?

Also, will our application be put on hold once CPC takes into consideration the email which I sent last week?

Best regards!

Reactions: ArtemBr

indigo87

Mar 21, 2017
Hi All,

Last week I received PPR from CPC - Ottawa, I am the primary applicant and my wife is a dependent applicant. As per the email, we have 30 days to submit our passports. The email also mentioned that if there is any change in our circumstances then we should inform the CPC office. As my wife is now pregnant, which we found out only recently, I immediately emailed CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca about our situation with our application details and expected date of delivery which is in January 2018. I haven't received any reply to my e-mail so far. We want to move to Canada only after the delivery and want to include our child in the application.

In this situation, should I proceed to submit our passports to the visa office in New Delhi before the 30-day deadline expires?

Also, will our application be put on hold once CPC takes into consideration the email which I sent last week?

Best regards!
I would be in exactly the same situation after getting PPR. Anyone please?

Last edited:

sps2can

Star Member
May 10, 2017
As per the information on this forum on this topic, I understood that there are three ways to handle the situation:
1. If you plan to land much before delivery, or you want the baby to be Canadian citizen by birth, then you dont have to do any thing. The issue here is with the medical insurance, which usually has a 3 month wait period. Maybe in some places there is option to start it immediately.
2. Report the pregnancy and wait for cic to respond. They will put your case on hold and give you the instructions to provide baby's birth certificate, PP and some forms within 30 days of the delivery. Instructions will be in the cic response. Once you submit all that, you will get another PPR request and will have the baby added on your PR application.
3. If you have already received the PR and you can not put the case on hold, then after delivery you will have to sponsor the child who is born in a country other than Canada. This is a little difficult and long process (1+ years), where principal applicant does this from inside Canada while the child is in her/his home country.

I am also looking for validation to my understanding and the above scenarios, so hoping others will share their inputs on this topic.

Reactions: indigo87

Aaisha09

Apr 27, 2017
Hello,

We're in the same situation - received ppr and we're expecting our baby in November. We have submitted our passports, along with a cover letter stating the due date and a letter from my doctor confirming the same. Is that the right way to approach this?
Would appreciate your response at the earliest.

Thank you

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hi All,

My spouse is primary applicant and is in early stages of pregnancy. However it is yet to be confirmed. Should we wait for confirmation in 2 weeks time or report it immediately on email or raise CSE with medical reports. We have to send our passports too in 30 days.

Please assist.

dishant.dev

Feb 27, 2018
Hi All,

Best regards!
Hello
I received PPR today n we are in same situation
My wife is primary applicant
How did you proceed in this situation?
We would be grateful to you if you can advise anything on this situation.
Thank you

ramya@123

Jan 25, 2018
Hi All,

Best regards!
Hi

I'm in the same situation, may I know how did it go with your application, did CIC responded?

Prabha28

Aug 4, 2018
Hi everyone I m in the same situation, I m the primary applicant and 6 months pregnant, about to receive my PPR anytime, should I inform IRCC about pregnancy or wait for PPR and then inform, u have already gone through all this, so please help me

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
COPR clearly states that you should inform IRCC only after change in family composition. So you can't inform them now.

Gsingh.sam

Oct 28, 2018
Hi All,

My spouse is primary applicant and is in early stages of pregnancy. However it is yet to be confirmed. Should we wait for confirmation in 2 weeks time or report it immediately on email or raise CSE with medical reports. We have to send our passports too in 30 days.

Please assist.
Hi,

Same is my situation. My wife is a primary applicant and is in early stage of pregnancy. Expected delivery date is first week of August 2020.
We received our PPR mail on 14 Dec 2019. We are in a dilemma as to what to do.

1) Should we inform IRCC through a webform and if we do so what will be the outcome?
2) Should we not inform IRCC and submit our Passports for stamping and move to Canada ASAP?
3) If we move to Canada in next 2 months, can we call our parents for some support during pregnancy immediately after 1 month of landing?

Dear Rocky83, plz share your experience and what you opted and how things went? Your opinion will be very helpful for us.

Plz help.

Reactions: Reachiewerk

Gsingh.sam

Oct 28, 2018
Hi me n my wife are in same situation.
Can you send ur phone number if u don't mind?
Dear Dishant.Dev

Same is my situation. My wife is a primary applicant and is in early stage of pregnancy. Expected delivery date is first week of August 2020.

1) Should we inform IRCC through a webform and if we do so what will be the outcome?
2) Should we not inform IRCC and submit our Passports for stamping and move to Canada ASAP?
3) If we move to Canada in next 2 months, can we call our parents for some support during pregnancy immediately after 1 month of landing?

Dear Dishant, plz share your experience and what you opted and how things went? Your opinion will be very helpful for us.

Plz help.

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hi,

Dear Rocky83, plz share your experience and what you opted and how things went? Your opinion will be very helpful for us.

Plz help.
You can either inform IRCC now, complete soft landing n come back to India for delivery OR you can have delivery in Canada.
Other option is you can inform IRCC about pregnancy and you can choose to include your child in the application after birth. iRCC will ask for documents like birth certificate, passport n medical exam etc for the child. Once approved all 3 of you can come here together.

But if the child is born outside Canada, family sponsorship is the only route for which one of the parents have to be in Canada through out the process.