+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Passport Request But wife is Pregnant

Apr 30, 2014
Hi All,

I got passport request from NDVO office.
My wife is Pregnant, expected due date is 3rd week of July 2015.

There are few lines in passport request about this:
3) Change in Circumstances
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
 Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;
Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
 Change in health;
 The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;
 A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;
 Change of address or phone number

Please suggest, do i need to update this through email first before sending the passports to CHC
Will they issue visa (or) my application will be on hold, till the time baby born?

As the due date is not immediate, will they issue the visa in this case? (or) Can i ask them to issue visa for me and then later to my wife?
What is normal way CIC handle these kind of cases?

Please suggest, what is the best way to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

new_migration

Aug 23, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO----WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015( On hold due to Wife Pregnancy)
Med's Done....
10-Aug-2015 and Uploaded on 11-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
30-Nov-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2015
sureshtatikonda said:
Hi All,

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
 Change in health;

Please suggest, do i need to update this through email first before sending the passports to CHC
Will they issue visa (or) my application will be on hold, till the time baby born?

As the due date is not immediate, will they issue the visa in this case? (or) Can i ask them to issue visa for me and then later to my wife?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Suresh,

I am also in the same boat, we are expecting on july 1st week, You need to inform cic regarding this , But how did you done your medicals.Did the Physician mentioned that your wife is pregnant.
I have sent Personal message to you.

Thanks

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Send your passports along with a letter stating the expected delivery date. You should be able to get your passports stamped and then follow their instructions on how to add the new born. You are still a good four-five months away from the delivery date.

Tajik

Star Member
Aug 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
24-05-2015
Email the visa office

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
sureshtatikonda said:
Hi All,

 Change in health;

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Congrats for having a baby..

If you don't mind, I want also to know what did you do to your medical exam if your wife is pregnant. Sorry to ask instead of giving you advise, my wife is also pregnant and i am still waiting for my MR as of now and i'm confused if i tell the VO now or i'll wait until or during my Medical exam.

Thank you

Apr 30, 2014
dems said:
Hi,

Congrats for having a baby..

If you don't mind, I want also to know what did you do to your medical exam if your wife is pregnant. Sorry to ask instead of giving you advise, my wife is also pregnant and i am still waiting for my MR as of now and i'm confused if i tell the VO now or i'll wait until or during my Medical exam.

Thank you
By the time of Medicals, My wife was not pregnant.

Apr 30, 2014
FutureImmi said:
Send your passports along with a letter stating the expected delivery date. You should be able to get your passports stamped and then follow their instructions on how to add the new born. You are still a good four-five months away from the delivery date.
I sent my passport with Cover letter about my wife's Pregnancy and also sent an Enquiry about the Change in Status.
I got my passports back with stamping Yesterday.
Thanks for all help.

Mar 3, 2015
Hi Suresh,

I am exactly in the same situation as you were.

I got passport request letter on 11th February, 2015 and mailed them Doctor's certificate & covering letter on the very next day i.e. 12th February, 2015. I also informed them regarding the same via email.

But, almost 20 days have gone by and I didnt received any reply from immigration dept. I am scared of refusal of my application as they had clearly mentioned in Passport Request letter that one needs to submit their passports within 30 days on receipt of the passport request letter.

Alongwith stamped passports, could you please let me know whether they have mentioned any additional instructions regarding: 1)how to add the new born? 2) is it fine if Child is born in canada? (In case, you travel within next month) 3) for which period is the Visa Valid? (In case, you want you child to born in India)

I would be extremely grateful to you if you can get back to me by tomorrow as the deadline for me is 12th March, 2015.

You can also contact me on: singhdheeraj21@gmail.com

Best Regards,
Dheeraj Singh

Money11

Jul 23, 2015
new_migration said:
Hi Suresh,

I am also in the same boat, we are expecting on july 1st week, You need to inform cic regarding this , But how did you done your medicals.Did the Physician mentioned that your wife is pregnant.
I have sent Personal message to you.

Thanks
Hi ,

I am also in the same boat . i got my PPR today but our expecting date is 27 jan 2016, what decision you have taken. what you will suggest for me.

KarimWahba

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Dubai,UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
25-08-2015 ( Sent 01-09-2015)
Nomination.....
12-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront (no med will be issued)
Med's Done....
06-06-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
25-01-2016
IF i'm in your shoes , i would go simply do the landing before birth ( i would not mention the pregnancy even to the VO now ) .... if you gave birth in Canada , then he is Canadian by birth ( no issues there ) ... else if you prefer to give birth outside Canada , you would apply to a sponsorship to the baby , and i don't think it will take a long time to issue

rameshc11

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
Nomination.....
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Med's Request
20-07-2015
Med's Done....
22-07-2015
Interview........
TLU : 28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4-12-2015
LANDED..........
March 2016
Money11 said:
Hi ,

I am also in the same boat . i got my PPR today but our expecting date is 27 jan 2016, what decision you have taken. what you will suggest for me.
As per CIC , you need to inform them of any change in family composition.

Did you mention this to the doctor while MR?? This could be treated as withholding information on purpose if caught.

Why do you want to jeopardize once in a lifetime opportunity...write to VO and seek their advise.

kn2172

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Dear Suresh,

I am from Pune and I have got a PP request. Now My wife is pregnant and is due in next 15 days.

We had mentioned about her pregnancy in her medicals also.

How should we go ahead from here ? Should I send my passports now with letter of explanation and get them stamped ?

And how did you add the new born latter on in your application ?

Regards,

falam

Jan 28, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (SGVO) Transferred to Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX 08 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
XX 12 2014
AOR Received.
XX 01 2015
IELTS Request
No.
File Transfer...
Date Unknown
Med's Request
XX 12 2015
Med's Done....
Done On: XX XX 2015 | Additional Docs Rcved by VO:07 01 2016
Interview........
Waived (Prolly)
Passport Req..
PPR: XX XX 2016 | Submitted to VFS: XX XX 2016 | Received by SVGO: XX XX 2016
VISA ISSUED...
XX XX 2016
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah!
I am in slightly different situation.

I wanted to travel during pregnancy..buy since I got my VISA & COPR after my 27+ week of pregnancy, so it is not possible to travel now...I'm on my 31st week.

I've reached towards MVO and waiting for their direction on the next steps.

ssoy

Jan 11, 2016
Could you pls provide an update once you get an answer? It would be really helpful to me as I might end up in a similar situation and I would like to know my options before I decide what to do.

Achilles123

Jan 8, 2016
Hi all,

I am in the same situation as mentioned in your post. My wife is 3 months pregnant now and I received my Passport request today.
In the change in circumstances section, I see Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement).

Could you please suggest if it is required to inform CIC about the pregnancy now or is it not required to.

Please suggest based on your experience when you got the passport request. Will this information slow down the issue of passport stamping or is it fine?

Thanks in advance