+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got open work permit and looking for job..

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
My open work permit application got approved but recently came back to India as my project completed in Canada.

Canada anybody suggest the best approach to search for a job..

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
kkrr said:
My open work permit application got approved but recently came back to India as my project completed in Canada.

Canada anybody suggest the best approach to search for a job..
It will be hard to find a job on an open work permit without being a permanent resident and/or physically
present in Canada. However, you can try various online job markets like Monster and apply for job postings.
Some employers do interviews on Skype or phone, so you might be lucky. There's not a lot you can do from
outside Canada. If you have friends in Canada, ask them for referrals or call up old employers and ask for a job.

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
iam_toby said:
It will be hard to find a job on an open work permit without being a permanent resident and/or physically
present in Canada. However, you can try various online job markets like Monster and apply for job postings.
Some employers do interviews on Skype or phone, so you might be lucky. There's not a lot you can do from
outside Canada. If you have friends in Canada, ask them for referrals or call up old employers and ask for a job.
Thanks Toby for your reply.. Even I'm aware of that as I was in Canada for 2 years.
Here the problem is my VISA got expired and need to apply for new one which required either an offer letter or proof of funds .

This proof of funds concept totally confusing me... like we should not borrow the money from others etc.. I have money at different locations
and with different persons.. I need to gather and show the money.. Will VISA office question if the entire amount credited in a month or so??

How to explain them?

ind-it009

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/16/2014
AOR Received.
06/30/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
06/29/2015
LANDED..........
07/22/2015
"
kkrr said:
Thanks Toby for your reply.. Even I'm aware of that as I was in Canada for 2 years.
Here the problem is my VISA got expired and need to apply for new one which required either an offer letter or proof of funds .

This proof of funds concept totally confusing me... like we should not borrow the money from others etc.. I have money at different locations
and with different persons.. I need to gather and show the money.. Will VISA office question if the entire amount credited in a month or so??

How to explain them?
"which required either an offer letter or proof of funds"
can you explain where did you got this information to show proof of funds in absence of offer letter for open work prmit candidates to get the visa.

ljiljka007

Jan 3, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent PCC for spouse on Oct 20, without request
AOR Received.
06/24/2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-08-2015
ind-it009 said:
""which required either an offer letter or proof of funds"
can you explain where did you got this information to show proof of funds in absence of offer letter for open work prmit candidates to get the visa.
I also think that You dont need to show proof of funds for visa if You have open work permit. I also have one, as a spouse of a skilled worker who is here on Canada, and when I asked for a visa I just put a returning worker not visitor and they gave me a multiple visa without any issue

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
ljiljka007 said:
I also think that You dont need to show proof of funds for visa if You have open work permit. I also have one, as a spouse of a skilled worker who is here on Canada, and when I asked for a visa I just put a returning worker not visitor and they gave me a multiple visa without any issue
Thanks for your reply .. So you are a dependant of worker who is already working in Canada..
In that case they don't need proof of funds..

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
ind-it009 said:
Sorry for the confusion.. I'm going to apply for visa based on my open work permit..

One of the questions is how much money you have for proof of funds..
one of the item in the check list is proof of funds.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
What range of funds do you have available?

That form is generic for TRVs and may apply more for Students and Visitors since they do not expect to earn while in Canada (except for Students who also apply for a WP). That said, as long as you have "enough" to support yourself for a couple of months that may be good enough.

Look at it this way: how can you use that WP if CIC doesn't give you the Visa to enter the country, sounds counter-intuitive.

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
MenicMonday said:
What range of funds do you have available?

That form is generic for TRVs and may apply more for Students and Visitors since they do not expect to earn while in Canada (except for Students who also apply for a WP). That said, as long as you have "enough" to support yourself for a couple of months that may be good enough.

Look at it this way: how can you use that WP if CIC doesn't give you the Visa to enter the country, sounds counter-intuitive.
Thanks Menic..
Any experienced guys , pls share your exp.

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
ind-it009 said:
Based on the question in the application, I assumed that we need to show the proof of funds.
Questions is : 1) How much u have for proof of funds..