+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got offers in MS(CS) and MEng(Network) from Ryerson

dollyy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I have received admission offer from Ryerson University in the following programs:
1. MEng Computer Networks
2. MSc Computer Science.

I need an advise since I am really confused which offer to accept. A little background about me I have done B.E (Telecommunications) in 2013 and done some certifications (CCNA, MCSA), have no work experience. I need to enter in IT Industry since I have no idea about the job market there in Toronto. Can somebody please suggest which is the best program to choose in order to get into the job market. Although Comp. Science has much broader scope but I have heard that MEng program is very good(P.S it's fees is almost double).

What should I do? Anybody else got the offer? Looking forward for seniors sincere advise.

Thanks.

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dollyy said:
Hello all,

I have received admission offer from Ryerson University in the following programs:
2. MSc Computer Science.

I need an advise since I am really confused which offer to accept. A little background about me I have done B.E (Telecommunications) in 2013 and done some certifications (CCNA, MCSA), have no work experience. I need to enter in IT Industry since I have no idea about the job market there in Toronto. Can somebody please suggest which is the best program to choose in order to get into the job market. Although Comp. Science has much broader scope but I have heard that MEng program is very good(P.S it's fees is almost double).

What should I do? Anybody else got the offer? Looking forward for seniors sincere advise.

Thanks.
Hi dolly,
Can you share your profile?... I am planning to apply for Ryerson for Masters in Computer Science.

I am no senior, but I think you should go for Computer Science.. It's worth it..

dollyy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sparsha said:
Hi dolly,
Can you share your profile?... I am planning to apply for Ryerson for Masters in Computer Science.

I am no senior, but I think you should go for Computer Science.. It's worth it..
Hi,

Thanks.
My profile is: B.E(Telecomm 2013), No work experience, IELTS 7.5 That's it! Well, isn't it late to apply since the deadline for most unis were first week of Feb. I am not sure about Ryerson, but Good Luck!

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dollyy said:
Hi,

Thanks.
My profile is: B.E(Telecomm 2013), No work experience, IELTS 7.5 That's it! Well, isn't it late to apply since the deadline for most unis were first week of Feb. I am not sure about Ryerson, but Good Luck!
Thanks, I also did B.Tech in ECE, 4.6 years of work experience, IELTS 7.5..
Ryerson stated that first round of deadline was Jan 19th... I still wana try at it..
I have two options in my hand, I am waiting for the decision-
UVic and University of Manitoba.
Your UG %? Mine is 72.34%.. I just wana know if I stand close to your profile to get an admit..

sudan.r

May 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dollyy said:
Hello all,

2. MSc Computer Science.

Thanks.
Toronto is very good for computer jobs ,, there are very good jobs opportunities are there..........but networking is highly paid job.....so choice is urs

dollyy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sudan.r said:
Toronto is very good for computer jobs ,, there are very good jobs opportunities are there..........but networking is highly paid job.....so choice is urs
Yeah thats what I was thinking that Networking jobs are few in numbers as compared to software but they are highly paid.
Isn't it possible that I can land a networking job after doing Ms in Computer Science. Since there are few courses related to networking in the course outline plus I have a little background too i.e. My undergrad degree And certifications.

Any advise?

dollyy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sparsha said:
Thanks, I also did B.Tech in ECE, 4.6 years of work experience, IELTS 7.5..
Ryerson stated that first round of deadline was Jan 19th... I still wana try at it..
I have two options in my hand, I am waiting for the decision-
UVic and University of Manitoba.
Your UG %? Mine is 72.34%.. I just wana know if I stand close to your profile to get an admit..
You stand a very good chance , mine was 69%

sudan.r

May 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dollyy said:
Yeah thats what I was thinking that Networking jobs are few in numbers as compared to software but they are highly paid.
Isn't it possible that I can land a networking job after doing Ms in Computer Science. Since there are few courses related to networking in the course outline plus I have a little background too i.e. My undergrad degree And certifications.

Any advise
It's not worth .....u can but not much beneficial for future growth aspect....

Sparsha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dollyy said:
You stand a very good chance , mine was 69%
Thanks Dolly... I applied to the university I hope I get the admit.. May I know, how long after submitting the application did u get the admit?

Feb 9, 2016
Hey. Even I have applied to the same in the month of november. i'm waiting for the decision to know.
May I know when did you receive your acceptance? Damn'it I'm freaking out now :(

dollyy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sparsha said:
Thanks Dolly... I applied to the university I hope I get the admit.. May I know, how long after submitting the application did u get the admit?
I applied on 22nd Dec, received offers on 16th and 17th Feb respectively.

dollyy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can someone please tell me I have applied in two different programs at Ryerson and the deadline to accept the offer is 26th Feb. Can I accept both offers for the time being, since I cannot decide in such a short period of time which program is closely related to my career interest.

I need to meet with an advisor before taking any final decision and I got the appointment of next week, Can I accept both offers of MEng(CN) and MSc(CS).

Does it make any bad impact on my admission?

prabh2920

Feb 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have u secured supervisor before applying to ryerson university.. If yes how long it took for professors to reply

dollyy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prabh2920 said:
Have u secured supervisor before applying to ryerson university.. If yes how long it took for professors to reply
No, I applied to course based.