IELTS Request
28-09-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Passport Req..
04-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
Did u guys sent an email to scotiabank regarding that?

reyhan649

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Student Visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th, November 2013
Doc's Request.
Student Visa
Nomination.....
Student Visa
AOR Received.
Student Visa
IELTS Request
7.5 (R-8.5; L-8; S-7.5 and W-6.5)
File Transfer...
26, November 2013
Med's Request
Student Visa
Med's Done....
7th, October 2013
Interview........
Student Visa
Passport Req..
Student Visa
VISA ISSUED...
2nd, December 2013
LANDED..........
24th of December 2013
Yay!!! I got the GIC account details by the grace of Almighty Allah!!

I had applied on 30th of October and received the account details today.

Guys - Whoever has applied on or before 30th October please don't forget to check your spam folders.

The sender of the GIC account details will be "ems @ scotiabank.com"

I will be transferring the funds tomorrow.

JHALI KUDI

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
i got mail but cant get account details
i showed to my agent they said u hv taken password by opening link on that mail
i didnot open it
bank also sayinng u took password
i m tensed
now how can i get scotia account
agent says we requst to recover
is it possible??????? if yes how many days,,,,,??
plz help

reyhan649

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Student Visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th, November 2013
Doc's Request.
Student Visa
Nomination.....
Student Visa
AOR Received.
Student Visa
IELTS Request
7.5 (R-8.5; L-8; S-7.5 and W-6.5)
File Transfer...
26, November 2013
Med's Request
Student Visa
Med's Done....
7th, October 2013
Interview........
Student Visa
Passport Req..
Student Visa
VISA ISSUED...
2nd, December 2013
LANDED..........
24th of December 2013
Oh.... sorry not sure how I can help you on this situation. The best way would be contacting the bank and getting it sorted asap.

Seniors will be able to help you I believe.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JHALI KUDI said:
i got offer letter of gbc in wireless
but gic account hasnt get yet,,,,,,,,,,,
waiting since 20 sept
1. There is no file size specification for GIC except it should be one single PDF file in following order;
I. Signed copy of the Scotiabank Student GIC Program Application Form.
II. Copy of passport pages (photograph page and the last page with signature)
III. Copy of acceptance letter from a Canadian educational institution

TAT for issuing Investment account number is 5 working days. Once funds are transffered, TAT for issuing certificate is 3 business days. Usually it gets processed in 2 to 3 weeks time. for People who haven't heard from Scotia (after checking their SPAM folder as well, which I have asked you (JHALLI) many a times which you didn't reply at all), should write an email to newaccount @ scotiabank.com stating Subject: Follow up - Scotiabank Student GIC Program – Surname/Last Name, Given/First Name and Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy).

You shouldn't send email to studentgic @ scotiabank.com if you have already sent all your documents.

Once it is processed, they send you a secure email from m ems@scotiabank.com which has a link that takes you to scotia bank secure web page.
If you have an issue with password; you should send an email to ;

studentgic@scotiabank.com with the following Subject Line: “Password Reset Request - Student Name
(Given/First and Surname/Last), Date of Birth, Passport Number, and the GIC IP Number (if known).”

TAT for resetting password is 4 working days.

JHALI KUDI

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
sabby2612 said:
1. There is no file size specification for GIC except it should be one single PDF file in following order;
I. Signed copy of the Scotiabank Student GIC Program Application Form.
II. Copy of passport pages (photograph page and the last page with signature)
III. Copy of acceptance letter from a Canadian educational institution

TAT for issuing Investment account number is 5 working days. Once funds are transffered, TAT for issuing certificate is 3 business days. Usually it gets processed in 2 to 3 weeks time. for People who haven't heard from Scotia (after checking their SPAM folder as well, which I have asked you (JHALLI) many a times which you didn't reply at all), should write an email to newaccount @ scotiabank.com stating Subject: Follow up - Scotiabank Student GIC Program – Surname/Last Name, Given/First Name and Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy).

You shouldn't send email to studentgic @ scotiabank.com if you have already sent all your documents.

Once it is processed, they send you a secure email from m ems @ scotiabank.com which has a link that takes you to scotia bank secure web page.
If you have an issue with password; you should send an email to ;

studentgic @ scotiabank.com with the following Subject Line: “Password Reset Request - Student Name
(Given/First and Surname/Last), Date of Birth, Passport Number, and the GIC IP Number (if known).”

TAT for resetting password is 4 working days.
thnks a lot i got secure email
but dont hv password
my agent said we will requst for resetting password
my ques is this is it possible we can reset password
how many days i hv to wait
my offer letter expiry is near
should i pay fee to college without getting gic account reseting password
i m tensed

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JHALI KUDI said:
thnks a lot i got secure email
but dont hv password
my agent said we will requst for resetting password
my ques is this is it possible we can reset password
how many days i hv to wait
my offer letter expiry is near
should i pay fee to college without getting gic account reseting password
i m tensed
You are online at this time, surely you are tensed miss. Anyway, when you received secure email, it sends you a temp password as well. If you have blocked your password you can send the reset request as mentioned in my last post.

You can reset password yourself only once you have used the temp password and created your own password (as it asks you security/hint questions and then gives you the option to reset password yourself).

So finally, yeah you need to send an email as I said earlier.

JHALI KUDI

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
sabby2612 said:
You are online at this time, surely you are tensed miss. Anyway, when you received secure email, it sends you a temp password as well. If you have blocked your password you can send the reset request as mentioned in my last post.

You can reset password yourself only once you have used the temp password and created your own password (as it asks you security/hint questions and then gives you the option to reset password yourself).

So finally, yeah you need to send an email as I said earlier.
my agent said we will requst again
how many days it will take?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JHALI KUDI said:
my agent said we will requst again
how many days it will take?
You don't read the post I believe. I have mentioned the TAT (turn around time) for passport reset. It's four days. The email should generate from your ID and in the manner I mentioned in my previous post. You can send an email right away and should get the password in 4 days time.

You also asked if you should pay the tuition fee to GBC without waiting for GIC. Yes you should, paying tuition fee has no relevance to GIC. Last date for submitting visa file is December 1st and last date when you should have transferred funds to Scotia is 22nd November. Hence, you have the time and you shouldn't worry.

College fee receipt will also take around 5 to 10 days, so go ahead and pay your tuition fee and request for password reset today itself.

It's nothing your agent needs to do, you should write an email to scotia and I have given you the format. Which agent is it BTW?

JHALI KUDI

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
sabby2612 said:
You don't read the post I believe. I have mentioned the TAT (turn around time) for passport reset. It's four days. The email should generate from your ID and in the manner I mentioned in my previous post. You can send an email right away and should get the password in 4 days time.

You also asked if you should pay the tuition fee to GBC without waiting for GIC. Yes you should, paying tuition fee has no relevance to GIC. Last date for submitting visa file is December 1st and last date when you should have transferred funds to Scotia is 22nd November. Hence, you have the time and you shouldn't worry.

College fee receipt will also take around 5 to 10 days, so go ahead and pay your tuition fee and request for password reset today itself.

It's nothing your agent needs to do, you should write an email to scotia and I have given you the format. Which agent is it BTW?
thnks a lot