+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got my Work permit but not authorized to work at schools

beyaz

Sep 14, 2023
Hi there,
I am a teacher. Last month I got my open work permit application in to the immigration office. As the teachers have to do a medical exam to be able to work in Canada I had my upfront medical exam and uploaded the file to my IRCC account. I got my work permit today and under conditions I saw that I’m not authorized to work in childcare and schools. I can’t really understand what the problem is. Does anyone have any idea why they gave me a normal work permit even though I did my medical exam??!! The medical exam cost me 420 Canadian dollars!!

Thank you for taking the time to answer

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there,
I am a teacher. Last month I got my open work permit application in to the immigration office. As the teachers have to do a medical exam to be able to work in Canada I had my upfront medical exam and uploaded the file to my IRCC account. I got my work permit today and under conditions I saw that I’m not authorized to work in childcare and schools. I can’t really understand what the problem is. Does anyone have any idea why they gave me a normal work permit even though I did my medical exam??!! The medical exam cost me 420 Canadian dollars!!

Thank you for taking the time to answer
Just uploading the medical to your account doesn’t change your conditions. You need to request it. So now apply to change the conditions of your work permit, and then upload the medical. You cannot work in childcare/school settings until approved.

beyaz

Sep 14, 2023
Just uploading the medical to your account doesn’t change your conditions. You need to request it. So now apply to change the conditions of your work permit, and then upload the medical. You cannot work in childcare/school settings until approved.
During the application I have already expressed my intention to work at schools. According to my request IRCC wanted me to do a medical exam. So I provided an upfront medical exam. Over the past few days I controled the portal and saw that my medical exam status was not updated and it was like "No medical exam needed". And today I got my work permit with this restriction. Has IRCC received my ME results? Or is it likely that they don’t give you the permission to work at schools despite having your ME done by an approved panel physician and passing it?

Mona12

Mar 4, 2024
I’ve got the same situation may I know what did you do ? I also take upfront medical exam but it says that I can’t work for daycare