+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my Visa....but....

DandJ

Oct 10, 2009
Finally, received our Visa's from the London Office yesterday....however,

Despite all other documents stating that I was born in Scotland, my Visa says in England......technically it's wrong, but it's still UK - does anyone think this will cause me a problem at the interview in immigration when we land?

Also, the visa noted - Destination - Toronto....I wrote this on some early documents some 4 years ago when we first applied....we are now heading for Halifax and have booked out flights.....must I land in Toronto?

Many Thanks

Diane

Manul999

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Hi,

Concerning the second part of your question you may find alll information here:

Can we Land in Any City:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t35499.0.html

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
DandJ said:
Finally, received our Visa's from the London Office yesterday....however,

Despite all other documents stating that I was born in Scotland, my Visa says in England......technically it's wrong, but it's still UK - does anyone think this will cause me a problem at the interview in immigration when we land?

Also, the visa noted - Destination - Toronto....I wrote this on some early documents some 4 years ago when we first applied....we are now heading for Halifax and have booked out flights.....must I land in Toronto?

Many Thanks

Diane
You can land anywhere. Halifax is a good choice also. It depends on your lifestyle and ambitions.

DandJ

Oct 10, 2009
Thanks very much - that link put my mind at rest - thought I was going to have to pay for another flight into Toronto - thanks again.

Hopefully someone can answer the query re Scotland / England place of birth

Diane

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
26 Nov 2010 (2nd Aor Date)
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
this always happens.

for eg, when flying to USA, if you fill in the country of birth as scotland, they will not accept it ( first hand experience ) , whereas if you fill in s England , they would.

technically, all should fill as ' The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland ' , thats the name of the country lol and not just scotland, wales or england.

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
DandJ said:
Thanks very much - that link put my mind at rest - thought I was going to have to pay for another flight into Toronto - thanks again.

Hopefully someone can answer the query re Scotland / England place of birth

Diane
Although there's a direct AirCanada flight from LHR<>YHZ, most flights from LHR land in YYZ or YUL.....so you may actually get a cheaper ticket through Toronto to Halifax. That way, you may land in Toronto and fly on to Halifax...either way is fine.

DandJ

Oct 10, 2009
I know - I'm a bit worried about it - the question is Country of Birth.....my husband's says Scotland....I'll probably call and try to speak with someone -if they both said England or GB I wouldn't have bothered. I don't want this to cause me a problem on landing after 4-5 years trying to get in!!

Re flights - it was cheaper to do Glasgow - London - Halifax.....the internal flight between Toronto and Halifax was really expensive - here's hoping Air Canada don't have the monopoly on the internal flights for ever. We're used to very cheap internal flights in the UK....

Diane

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
DandJ said:
I know - I'm a bit worried about it - the question is Country of Birth.....my husband's says Scotland....I'll probably call and try to speak with someone -if they both said England or GB I wouldn't have bothered. I don't want this to cause me a problem on landing after 4-5 years trying to get in!!

Re flights - it was cheaper to do Glasgow - London - Halifax.....the internal flight between Toronto and Halifax was really expensive - here's hoping Air Canada don't have the monopoly on the internal flights for ever. We're used to very cheap internal flights in the UK....

Diane
:D :D :D That's something you have to live with. AirCanada or West Jet...and they just play ball with their prices. Cheap airfares in Canada is quite an illusion. Competition is very limited....!

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NO

NO