+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my visa approved but no passport request.

Mikra

Aug 31, 2016
Hi, I received an email stating that my study permit application has been updated.
When i entered CIC, (applied online), they said that my application has been approved, and i received a correspondence letter stating:

"Dear ...,
Your application to study in canada has been approved. A permit authorizing your studies will be issued to you on your arrival...."

So what does this mean, shouldn't they request my passport?
My passport is GREEK, and its from a visa exempt country.

Thanks

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Medical Passed on 21-09-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
I saw your post yesterday where you had mentioned that CIC has requested you to send your passport?

Mikra

Aug 31, 2016
nouman6269 said:
I saw your post yesterday where you had mentioned that CIC has requested you to send your passport?
Hi, i thought that the message they sent me was the passport request itself, but then i searched online and on this forum, everyone is getting their passport requested before getting the approval.

Lucky Guy

Jun 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2016
Doc's Request.
24-Oct-2016 (Updated Loa)
Med's Request
14-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22-Aug-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-Nov-2016
Mikra said:
Hi, i thought that the message they sent me was the passport request itself, but then i searched online and on this forum, everyone is getting their passport requested before getting the approval.

Hey !! Last time on Sep 16, you received an email stating that your application has been updated !! And then yesterday you got approval with another email, am I right ??

And at what time you received an email ?? Embassy hours or after ??

Mikra

Aug 31, 2016
Lucky Guy said:
Hey !! Last time on Sep 16, you received an email stating that your application has been updated !! And then today you got passport request with another email, am I right ??

And at what time you received an email ?? Embassy hours or after ??
Hi, you seem a bit frustrated so i'll tell you my story.
I applied for a study permit on the 5th of august 2016.
I was hoping i could make it for the Fall 2016 session in September, but as you see, its only yesterday when i received my visa.
Anyways, i received almost 6 e-mails stating that my application was updated and none of them really changed anything.
It was untill yesterday when i received two emails from CIC, one is my application being updated and the other is a new message in my account.
When i went to check, i saw that my application has been approved, and i simply received my study permit, WITHOUT a passport request.
Now this got me thinking that because i have a GREEK PASSPORT, and i applied with it, they did request for my passport.
Greece is a visa exempt country.

Thanks.

hemayur

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As the letter says A permit authorizing your studies will be issued to you on your arrival....
so means it will be issued on your arrival in Canada, just carry the copy of your letter once u land the immigration officer will stamp your permit.

My assumption is as u have a passport from visa exempt country and assuming u must have applied from the same country i presume they wont be having a VAS to stamp hence this way they have issue and stamping will be done in Canada

Mikra

Aug 31, 2016
hemayur said:
As the letter says A permit authorizing your studies will be issued to you on your arrival....
so means it will be issued on your arrival in Canada, just carry the copy of your letter once u land the immigration officer will stamp your permit.

My assumption is as u have a passport from visa exempt country and assuming u must have applied from the same country i presume they wont be having a VAS to stamp hence this way they have issue and stamping will be done in Canada
Yes maybe thats the case.

hemayur

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So congrats and all the very best....

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Passport request is only for stamping the TRV, the foil on your passport.

Since you're from a visa exempt country, you do not need it.

Congratulations, you're on your way to Canada.

Don't forget to apply for an eTA, you still need that.