+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my Student Visa rejected twice with the same reason

stg2031991

May 31, 2015
Hi All,
I'm looking for help in deciding whether i should apply for the CAIPS note in finding out what is the reason for getting my application rejected twice with the same reason. What is the probability of getting the visa after applying for the CAIPS a third time?

I did my BTech from Kerala University and got accepted into Conestoga College for the Embedded Systems Co-op program PG Certificate course. I have an IELTS score of 8 and applied for a student loan that has been approved by the bank.

The first time i applied personally with the proper documents got rejected with the reason "Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, academic accomplishments, level of establishment, employment, gap in studies, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans."

The second time i reached out to a consultant that helped me out with the application. The only change being I took photocopies of my certificates and had them notarized. The rest of the procedure was the same and had the application was rejected a second time witht the above reason.

10th 77.8
12th 78.2
Btech First Class
Working since 2013.

With two rejections my consultant advised in getting the CAIPS done which would give a proper explanation to the rejection rather than a vague reason. That would make me shell out another 6k for the "Basic Service + Interpretation + Recommendation" service. What is the probability of getting accepted on the third try after rectifying whatever the reason are in the CAIPS note?

D

Deleted member 556103

Yes you should apply for caips notes . It will cost you 40USD and takes around a month. I was rejected too for jan intake with the same reason as you are. I applied caips and got to know the detailed reason for rejection. This time , I have applied in conestoga college and with a strong sop .(hope its strong enough to convince VO) . waiting for the results

so when did you applied and where?

Victor2016

Mar 11, 2016
The cost for CAIPS notes is only 5$ Canadian. But you can only get them if you are in Canada (which is a bit dumb if you are applying from outside Canada). Nonetheless, there are firms which are based in Canada and can apply for the notes for you (you give them permission). Doing this will make them charge you for "their services". The most you should pay for the notes alone should be 50$. Any higher than that and they are ripping you off for nothing. That's just my advice. It usually takes a long time (about 4-6 weeks) to get the notes. You might need to defer to another semester or get your refund if you have already paid tuition fees.

Anil Gangar

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
ruralguye5 said:
Yes you should apply for caips notes . It will cost you 40USD and takes around a month. I was rejected too for jan intake with the same reason as you are. I applied caips and got to know the detailed reason for rejection. This time , I have applied in conestoga college and with a strong sop .(hope its strong enough to convince VO) . waiting for the results

What was written in your caipes notes ???

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

stg2031991 said:
Hi All,
I'm looking for help in deciding whether i should apply for the CAIPS note in finding out what is the reason for getting my application rejected twice with the same reason. What is the probability of getting the visa after applying for the CAIPS a third time?

I did my BTech from Kerala University and got accepted into Conestoga College for the Embedded Systems Co-op program PG Certificate course. I have an IELTS score of 8 and applied for a student loan that has been approved by the bank.

The first time i applied personally with the proper documents got rejected with the reason "Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, academic accomplishments, level of establishment, employment, gap in studies, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans."

The second time i reached out to a consultant that helped me out with the application. The only change being I took photocopies of my certificates and had them notarized. The rest of the procedure was the same and had the application was rejected a second time witht the above reason.

10th 77.8
12th 78.2
Btech First Class
Working since 2013.

With two rejections my consultant advised in getting the CAIPS done which would give a proper explanation to the rejection rather than a vague reason. That would make me shell out another 6k for the "Basic Service + Interpretation + Recommendation" service. What is the probability of getting accepted on the third try after rectifying whatever the reason are in the CAIPS note?

1. Your profile looks good but you should thanks to your road-side agent for ruining your file. You got to pay 6K for $5 work, so think what kind of crook agent you have hired.
2. With two refusals, chances are slim to none for further attempts. You will have to bring some substantial changes in your profile.
3. What's the point of notarizing docs when its clearly not mentioned anywhere on the checklist.

stg2031991

May 31, 2015
ruralguye5 said:

I applied at Conestoga College for the Jan intake from Trivandrum. After its rejection I requested to change the joining to May which again got rejected. What did your caips note point out? And is it easier or better to apply for the notes from inside Canada? I've got family there that can help with the application?

stg2031991

May 31, 2015
J5M said:
Hi,

1. Your profile looks good but you should thanks to your road-side agent for ruining your file. You got to pay 6K for $5 work, so think what kind of crook agent you have hired.
2. With two refusals, chances are slim to none for further attempts. You will have to bring some substantial changes in your profile.
3. What's the point of notarizing docs when its clearly not mentioned anywhere on the checklist.

That was actually my consultants question. My profile was good enough to be accepted the first time and so suggested the extra work. :D

stg2031991

May 31, 2015
Victor2016 said:
The cost for CAIPS notes is only 5$ Canadian. But you can only get them if you are in Canada (which is a bit dumb if you are applying from outside Canada). Nonetheless, there are firms which are based in Canada and can apply for the notes for you (you give them permission). Doing this will make them charge you for "their services". The most you should pay for the notes alone should be 50$. Any higher than that and they are ripping you off for nothing. That's just my advice. It usually takes a long time (about 4-6 weeks) to get the notes. You might need to defer to another semester or get your refund if you have already paid tuition fees.

Thanks Victor2016. I've asked for a refund from the college since I read that the probability of getting accepted on the third try is a little low and I'm a little low on cash & morale springing for a new application again. :D

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

stg2031991 said:
That was actually my consultants question. My profile was good enough to be accepted the first time and so suggested the extra work. :D

If I am saying your profile is good that means everything except your 'PG certificate admission' after BE.

stg2031991

May 31, 2015
J5M said:
Hi,

If I am saying your profile is good that means everything except your 'PG certificate admission' after BE.
I meant the visa application shld have been accepted the 1st time I applied since there wasn't a valid point to reject the application

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
stg2031991 said:
I meant the visa application shld have been accepted the 1st time I applied since there wasn't a valid point to reject the application
what was ur BE in? did u change course after first rejection ? is ur previous education related to the course ur applying too? my personal opinion never trust agents/consultants and 6k is hell lot of money

stg2031991

May 31, 2015
mead said:
what was ur BE in? did u change course after first rejection ? is ur previous education related to the course ur applying too? my personal opinion never trust agents/consultants and 6k is hell lot of money
My BTech was in Electronics and Communications and i was accepted into the Embedded Systems Co-op program at Conestoga College. After the 1st rejection according to its reason i thought since working in IT would be a problem for getting back into electronics.

when i said 6k i meant in INR.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
stg2031991 said:
My BTech was in Electronics and Communications and i was accepted into the Embedded Systems Co-op program at Conestoga College. After the 1st rejection according to its reason i thought since working in IT would be a problem for getting back into electronics.

when i said 6k i meant in INR.
'Electronics and Communications' and Embedded Systems r not an exact match i guess. I would suggest going to masters with something more related to Electronics and Communications. u can also apply for CAIPS notes to get a better idea of what was wrong

stg2031991

May 31, 2015
Not a match??? There isn't a bachelors course for embedded systems alone. In India ECE or EEE provides the base of all things electrical related. Its only the 1st 2 yrs where we have a lot of common subjects and later on delve into deeper respective subjects. My CAIPS note is pending. Waiting on what beautiful reasons are written in that!!!!!!