Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Let me start with a little background.

I came to Canada with a work permit 7 years ago, and few months later I met my wife. From the beginning I never had any intention of remaining in Canada and that was something we discussed and she was willing to comeback with me to my home country when my work permit was up. Eventually we got pregnant and a few months later she got extremely sick (long story).

Then our baby was born and she continued to be sick and I ended up staying here without status since I was basically the only person she and our new born baby had, I wasn't going to just abandon them.

Years went by, and eventually we got married and little by little we were getting back on our feet, our baby grew into a healthy, smart, happy, and very active toddler, and it seemed like things were falling into place. Then 2 years ago, out of the blue I received a mail from CBSA saying that I had to show up for an admissibility hearing at the local CBSA office. 2 weeks later I went to the meeting and after like 70 minutes they decided not to take any enforcement action and told me that they were gonna let us send our application for permanent residence, and that as soon as we did we had to let them know, and gave us 2 weeks to do so.

Two weeks later we sent our family sponsorship application, and then informed CBSA, then CBSA met with us once again and this time they issued me a removal order, and told me what my options were. I then asked for a referral of removal which they granted to me. They explained that if we were approved in principal the removal order was gonna be temporary suspended, and if our permanent residence was approved then I was ok.

Finally after 22 long months and 7 years in this great country I was granted permanent residence today. I wanna thank to many of you on this forum for all your help and great advices. This site was a life saver to us. We did the whole thing ourselves, no lawyer or legal advice. Just us and the great advices from many of you on this forum. Thank you again!

Now, for all of you who are in the same or similar situation I was In I wanna tell you not to lose hope. Be patient and above all, be honest and don't leave anything out. Any question please feel free to ask.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

I came to Canada with a work permit 7 years ago, and few months later I met my wife. From the beginning I never had any intention of remaining in Canada and that was something we discussed and she was willing to comeback with me to my home country when my work permit was up. Eventually we got pregnant and a few months later she got extremely sick (long story).

Then our baby was born and she continued to be sick and I ended up staying here without status since I was basically the only person she and our new born baby had, I wasn't going to just abandon them.

Years went by, and eventually we got married and little by little we were getting back on our feet, our baby grew into a healthy, smart, happy, and very active toddler, and it seemed like things were falling into place. Then 2 years ago, out of the blue I received a mail from CBSA saying that I had to show up for an admissibility hearing at the local CBSA office. 2 weeks later I went to the meeting and after like 70 minutes they decided not to take any enforcement action and told me that they were gonna let us send our application for permanent residence, and that as soon as we did we had to let them know, and gave us 2 weeks to do so.

Two weeks later we sent our family sponsorship application, and then informed CBSA, then CBSA met with us once again and this time they issued me a removal order, and told me what my options were. I then asked for a referral of removal which they granted to me. They explained that if we were approved in principal the removal order was gonna be temporary suspended, and if our permanent residence was approved then I was ok.

Finally after 22 long months and 7 years in this great country I was granted permanent residence today. I wanna thank to many of you on this forum for all your help and great advices. This site was a life saver to us. We did the whole thing ourselves, no lawyer or legal advice. Just us and the great advices from many of you on this forum. Thank you again!

Now, for all of you who are in the same or similar situation I was In I wanna tell you not to lose hope. Be patient and above all, be honest and don't leave anything out. Any question please feel free to ask.

i always say God is good he had plans for you and your family for you to stay in Canada

Egna7711

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020

Congratz to you ! one question, was your passport expired when you applied for PR? Thanks!

ama25

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Congratz to you ! one question, was your passport expired when you applied for PR? Thanks!
Sorry just seeing this now. I renewed it before CBSA contacted me. I had to go to Montreal to the embassy and 2 months later they mailed it to me.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
timeline of AOR back in 2018 won't apply to timeline of current applications. Did you send in your in 2018?
I sent it in July 2020. Still no AOR (just a single AOR) while some people already got their PPR. A possible discrimination.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I sent it in July 2020. Still no AOR (just a single AOR) while some people already got their PPR. A possible discrimination.
Did you apply inland or outland?

I don't see anyone getting PPR in the inland spreadsheet. Haven't check the outland one yet.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2020-outland-spousal-sponsorship.695395/page-2

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2020-inland-spousal-sponsorship.720663/page-2

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020