+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my oath yesterday and now i can go pick my citizenship certificate

cedrickcd

Dec 27, 2022
Ask me any questions if you want to.

Had my oath ceremony in zoom yesterday, after a whole 2hours and 30min, at the end, we were told that we have an option to go pick it up ourselves(next week) or wait 8 to 12 weeks for it to arrive by mail. (Guess what I'll be doin next week? Lol)

here's my timeline:

From Montréal, sent in my application back in nov 2021.
Test: april 2022
Finger print request: may 2022 (i had some criminal matters in my past, long time ago - dui)

Interview novembre 2022
Oath: jan 25th
Pick date is 1 week from oath ceremony and if you miss that day, well wait for it in the mail.

Cheerz

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Had my oath ceremony in zoom yesterday, after a whole 2hours and 30min, at the end, we were told that we have an option to go pick it up ourselves(next week) or wait 8 to 12 weeks for it to arrive by mail. (Guess what I'll be doin next week? Lol)

here's my timeline:

Finger print request: may 2022 (i had some criminal matters in my past, long time ago - dui)

Interview novembre 2022
Pick date is 1 week from oath ceremony and if you miss that day, well wait for it in the mail.

Cheerz
shoveling snow, clearing driveway getting in your car, out you go :D

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017

here's my timeline:

Interview novembre 2022

Cheerz
Congrats, I was requested for FP from Montreal office too, but I'm 1000% sure that I don't have any issues at all. What could it be the reason for FP then?

cedrickcd

Dec 27, 2022
Congrats, I was requested for FP from Montreal office too, but I'm 1000% sure that I don't have any issues at all. What could it be the reason for FP then?
I heard that in most cases it's just to confirm your identity etc but i believe in my case the court issues came up, even though it was 12 yrs ago. The interview lady asked me this same question again last November.

wink

May 25, 2021

here's my timeline:

Interview novembre 2022

Cheerz
Good to know. Would be good if everyone is offered the option to pick it up in-person.

Reactions: cedrickcd

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
You are the chosen one by IRCC :)
Don't fret over it... its random. We also got it earlier (based in ON) in March. Everything went well...

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
I just checked available dates for in-person oath ceremony again today. There is a slot open on the day of my ceremony.

How many slots are available per day? Is it only one ceremony per day or multiple ceremonies with different time slots per day?

wink

May 25, 2021
I just checked available dates for in-person oath ceremony again today. There is a slot open on the day of my ceremony.

How many slots are available per day? Is it only one ceremony per day or multiple ceremonies with different time slots per day?
How can you check for the slot availability ?

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Okay.... I am aware of this link, but was wondering whether you are able to see if they have a slot within the shown sessions...
Yes they do. Just click on the individual city to see available time slot for in-person ceremonies.

firstax

Dec 8, 2018

Did you get a virtual oath ceremony invite and are you looking to see if you can go to the in-person one?

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Did you get a virtual oath ceremony invite and are you looking to see if you can go to the in-person one?
No, I haven't receive the email yet, but my status shows I'm scheduled for oath ceremony end of this month. Just awaiting the email.

I hope it's an in-person ceremony for me.

pancham_ott

Feb 5, 2023

here's my timeline:

Interview novembre 2022

Cheerz
Question: since you said you had some criminal matters in the past. During the registration part of the oath ceremony, did the clerk ask you if you ever had any trouble with police, law etc? If so, did you share your past mattes and how did they handle it? Did you have any problems signing the oath form?

I am in a similar situation and my oath is tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous about it, although it has no bearing on my eligibility or prohibitions

Reactions: nikta