+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my LOE for May 2021 intake but DLI may cancel the course

MakeoLondon

Jul 8, 2016
Hi there.

My DLI might cancel all the health care (my diploma chosen) intake of 2021 due to some government regulations.

Do you know what will happened to my visa? I already got my LOE but not sure what I can do right now.

thanks

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
already have it fully approved
got my SP and my husband OWP too
Congrats! Since your SP is approved I don't think there's much to worry about. You'll probably be asked to enroll in a different program or DLI.

This is probably a rare case in my knowledge, and IMO, if the govt is forcing the cancellation of a program they'll definitely take into consideration the students already enrolled.

But it's really important that you communicate this problem to IRCC. Also ask your school for advice, they might have experienced this scenario earlier.

MakeoLondon

Jul 8, 2016
Congrats! Since your SP is approved I don't think there's much to worry about. You'll probably be asked to enroll in a different program or DLI.

This is probably a rare case in my knowledge, and IMO, if the govt is forcing the cancellation of a program they'll definitely take into consideration the students already enrolled.

But it's really important that you communicate this problem to IRCC. Also ask your school for advice, they might have experienced this scenario earlier.
Thanks for your response.
I will report this to IRCC.
My DLI mentioned that May 2021 intake could still happens but not sure about it and especially for how long they can leave me hanging there.
I hope they will make an announcement soon otherwise I need to change my plan

Reactions: ChaChaVidhayakHain