Canada
All,

Today i got my IELTS results, below are the details :

Listening - 7.5
Writing - 7
Speaking - 7
Reading - 6 :eek:

Overall Band Score - 7

I was pretty confident that I'll score 8 or above in reading section but when I saw my result, it was really disappointed in reading section. I know that something went wrong from Examiners side becoz reading was very easy and in my previous test, I scored 8 band. Now question, should i apply for enquiry on my result (only for reading) since i'm confident that my band should be beyond 8 or above in reading.

I was also referring to some forum member's reviews that reading & listening sections are checked with machines so the possibility of getting increased marks are less. Also, instead of spending more than half of fees on Ielts enquiry, we could also choose option of re-appearing. But, I know i did well in reading section, so what do you suggest guys should i go ahead for rechecking?

Please share your inputs !

Thanks !

Phoorsa

Apr 19, 2012
13nitinsharma said:
All,

Today i got my IELTS results, below are the details :

Listening - 7.5
Writing - 7
Speaking - 7
Reading - 6 :eek:

Overall Band Score - 7

I was pretty confident that I'll score 8 or above in reading section but when I saw my result, it was really disappointed in reading section. I know that something went wrong from Examiners side becoz reading was very easy and in my previous test, I scored 8 band. Now question, should i apply for enquiry on my result (only for reading) since i'm confident that my band should be beyond 8 or above in reading.

I was also referring to some forum member's reviews that reading & listening sections are checked with machines so the possibility of getting increased marks are less. Also, instead of spending more than half of fees on Ielts enquiry, we could also choose option of re-appearing. But, I know i did well in reading section, so what do you suggest guys should i go ahead for rechecking?

Please share your inputs !

Thanks !
Hi
IELTS reading and listening are initially corrected by examiners then by machines.
Examiners will check ur answer then darken the right or wrong box which is near ur answer column later the machine just scans for darkened region.
If u are confident regarding ur reading then it's better for enquiry