+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my GIC from Pakistan via CIBC

STELLARRISE

Dec 10, 2020
Happy to help & answer any queries as I also learnt a lot from you good folks.

A bird's eye view of the process:

> Opened my own account in Karachi
> Fought with the Bank showing them the state bank instructions student can send FE outside the country if education related
> Fought with the Bank again showing them FBR tax clauses that 5% WHT is to be applied only on the "Education Fee" and not on living expenses (GIC)

In a nutshell, talk to the bank manager > ask to see the remittance person in the bank > ask him/her to write (yes email and create a draft for them , I will share the draft if you like) to their head office. Bankers here have no clue what GIC is and they usually try to save their skin so you have to educate them.

Do not get overwhelmed by the jargon. This is just plain and simple SWIFT wire transfer from a bank in Pak to another one in Canada.

Finally find a multinational bank and go to the branch which is in a posh area. Chances are they will be manned by someone knowing what they are talking about. This will save you a lot of headache later.

Ask me any question.

autum5100

Mar 31, 2021
Hi! For the GIC, I was thinking of applying here from Faysal Bank in Islamabad. Can you tell me how long the entire process took?

Rana123456

Sep 14, 2021
He
Happy to help & answer any queries as I also learnt a lot from you good folks.

A bird's eye view of the process:

> Opened my own account in Karachi
> Fought with the Bank showing them the state bank instructions student can send FE outside the country if education related
> Fought with the Bank again showing them FBR tax clauses that 5% WHT is to be applied only on the "Education Fee" and not on living expenses (GIC)

In a nutshell, talk to the bank manager > ask to see the remittance person in the bank > ask him/her to write (yes email and create a draft for them , I will share the draft if you like) to their head office. Bankers here have no clue what GIC is and they usually try to save their skin so you have to educate them.

Do not get overwhelmed by the jargon. This is just plain and simple SWIFT wire transfer from a bank in Pak to another one in Canada.

Finally find a multinational bank and go to the branch which is in a posh area. Chances are they will be manned by someone knowing what they are talking about. This will save you a lot of headache later.

Ask me any question.
Hey Brother just wanted to ask a question
Brother can we pay our GIC using a provisional letter of acceptance or rather without an acceptance letter, as GIC is not Educational Money. Any assistance is highly appreciated