+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my foreign driving license translated - Now what should I do ?

BuminKhan

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Hi everybody,

I recently got my driving license translated at Turkish Consulate. I knew that in order to bypass wait times to get Full G, I needed this as Turkish Driver's License does not have an expiration date on it.

But unfortunately, I couldn't find an answer to my "what now" question.

1) Should I just go and get G1 from Service Ontario first ?

2) After getting that, do I need to take G2 road test first or can I take G road test right away ?

3) How can I take to G2 or G road test after getting G1 (depending on your answer to q2)

4) Any additional tips you have for me, share them please :)

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
Hi everybody,

I recently got my driving license translated at Turkish Consulate. I knew that in order to bypass wait times to get Full G, I needed this as Turkish Driver's License does not have an expiration date on it.

2) After getting that, do I need to take G2 road test first or can I take G road test right away ?

3) How can I take to G2 or G road test after getting G1 (depending on your answer to q2)

Hi dear,
Please keep us updated. As I've turkish license. Is it usable in Canada or I will need to take tests to own Canadian license.
Waiting for your kind reply
Thank you

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Hi everybody,

Yes, need to give the G1. You should let them know that you have your country's driver license as well as the Extract. Both these are required & need to pay the fees for the G1.

If they accepts your home country Driver License & Extract, then you can give G once you get your G1 driver license card. (Generally it takes couple of weeks to get that on the home address by mail.) Else you need to give the G2 (after giving G1 you need to wait 12 months) & then G.

See answers above. Once you get G1, you can take lessons from authorized person. Book G2/G, pay the fees online & give the test.

Prepare well for G1, do not take it lightly. I have seen people taking G1 2-3 times.

Hi,

Kindly find the answers inline.

Good Luck

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi everybody,

Look at this, ignore initial section about getting an extract. It will have answers to your questions
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dl-extract-to-on-g-license-complete-experience.643599/