+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my BOWP approved without submitting AOR

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
I was Unemployed when I sent my PR and my BOWP applications.
The latter was approved and I am now employed.
Still waiting for the PR approval though.

tarom

Mar 27, 2013
Hi guys,

Does anybody have any idea how many days it takes for the intake office to mail the BOWP?
I mailed my paper application from Ontario to Alberta and currently waiting for them to send me a reply.

syedabbas82

Jul 23, 2014
MenicMonday said:
I was Unemployed when I sent my PR and my BOWP applications.
The latter was approved and I am now employed.
Still waiting for the PR approval though.
Hello
I have a quick question for you , I am currently employed and working for a oil Industry in Alberta , I already applied for PR under FSW 2014 program .I havent received anything yet from CIC and my visa is going to be expired in October 10,2014 . Could you pls suggest me whether I can apply for BWP and I tried to apply online but it asked whether I have got an approval or not I select no and it is not allowing to go through further .
I request you if you pls help me in this regards . T

Thanks

RickD

Sep 2, 2014
Hey Everyone, I have unfortunately found myself in a situation where my Current Work Permit (gained through IEC) will expire on 26th December 2014. My CEC PR application was returned to me for failed payment due to credit card fraud and I have resent it just today, it will arrive on Friday December 12th

I am confused as to whether I will be able to work after December 26th if I apply for my BOWP via post (to buy myself some time while CIO take care of my AOR). It seems some people in this thread have been successful in obtaining a BOWP in this way, but I have also been told conflicting information stating that as I am on an IEC work permit there is no implied status once it expires even if I have a BOWP application in progress.

Just looking for clarification on this - Has anyone been in the same situation and also been on an IEC work permit? Did you continue working after your Work permit expired while your BOWP was being processed, or did you take LOA?

Really confused right now, don't want to have to sell my possessions and leave Canada for a whole year

Thanks Everyone

Rick

mssandhu

Dec 13, 2014
RickD said:
Hey Everyone, I have unfortunately found myself in a situation where my Current Work Permit (gained through IEC) will expire on 26th December 2014. My CEC PR application was returned to me for failed payment due to credit card fraud and I have resent it just today, it will arrive on Friday December 12th

I am confused as to whether I will be able to work after December 26th if I apply for my BOWP via post (to buy myself some time while CIO take care of my AOR). It seems some people in this thread have been successful in obtaining a BOWP in this way, but I have also been told conflicting information stating that as I am on an IEC work permit there is no implied status once it expires even if I have a BOWP application in progress.

Just looking for clarification on this - Has anyone been in the same situation and also been on an IEC work permit? Did you continue working after your Work permit expired while your BOWP was being processed, or did you take LOA?

Really confused right now, don't want to have to sell my possessions and leave Canada for a whole year

Thanks Everyone

Rick
Hi Rick
I am in the same situation. My AOR should arrive soon but not sure if I can extend my IEC Work permit with BOWP.
Let me know if you find any information.

Thanks
Mani

RickD

Sep 2, 2014
From what I've researched you cannot extend your IEC, although it seems some people have successfully applied in this way. I'll be applying for my OWP without AOR in the hope it gts taken care of but I am not going to be working while its in progress

cec1979

Nov 10, 2014
hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could get information from those who applied for the BOWP by paper and recently got their permits approved, especially those who sent their application to the 'new employer' office rather then the 'existing employer' office. If you recently got your BOWP approved, can you tell me when CIC recieved your application and when you received your BOWP? I'm asking because recently the processing times were updated, and the 'new emplyer' office reduced their processing times to 53 days (from 63). I'm still awaiting my aor so the reduction in processing time is actually a little bit worrying in terms of getting my BOWP approved!

thanks much for any info you have!

sheykivanuel

Jun 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 Schedule A
Nomination.....
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-08-2015 To Ottawa
Med's Request
April 17, 2015
Med's Done....
upfront medical 17-04-2015, Received May 5
Passport Req..
October 8, 2015
I have submitted thru online my BOWP application on Nov 20, 2014. I dont have AOR yet from CIC but I just tried. Anytime in first week of January 2015 I should receive AOR. There is no update yet on my BOWP application. Anybody in the same boat?

anywhere123

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Ontario,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
1123/2131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
Nomination.....
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
IELTS Request
Along with application.
Anybody from this group recently received your BOWP? Specially in Feb 2015.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
anywhere123 said:
Anybody from this group recently received your BOWP? Specially in Feb 2015.
Why do you ask - are you suspicious that they have stopping processing applications for some reason?

The CIC has a webpage giving the current processing times. It was last updated 13 February 2015 and currently indicates that they are currently processing online applications received at the start of January 2015 and paper applications that were received in November 2014.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

It's irrelevant, but a friend of mine just had her BOWP application rejected last week as her AOR wasn't processed in time (AOR was granted this week).

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
FYI- I've got mine today. I applied in Nov without AOR and included a explanation letter. Got my AOR Jan and sent it to Vegreville right away. My BOWP was issued Feb 17

anywhere123

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Ontario,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
1123/2131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
Nomination.....
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
IELTS Request
Along with application.
immigrantbee said:
FYI- I've got mine today. I applied in Nov without AOR and included a explanation letter. Got my AOR Jan and sent it to Vegreville right away. My BOWP was issued Feb 17
Hi,
Congrats!
Did you apply online? What did you say in your explanation letter? I have applied on Jan 15 online & got AOR on Feb 17. Should I send my AOR?If yes, how should I send it?

Sorry so many questions. Thanks a lot.

anywhere123

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Ontario,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
1123/2131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
Nomination.....
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
IELTS Request
Along with application.
tdot_guy said:
Hi, what all documents do i need if i am applying online?
Before applying online, you need to do a online questionnaire and they will ask you to submit the required documents based on your questionnaire output.