+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Msg today 'You are not eligible for Express Entry' - need help

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
Hi guys!

I got registered for express entry in Dec 2015 and at the time I was eligible for Federal skilled worker, had 402 points, received P/T notification from OINP and applied for the same under Federal skilled worker program, received AOR from OINP and I was waiting for my nomination. So, today, I got msg in my express entry profile that

You are not eligible for Express Entry
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your
profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be
eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds

I dont understand. Till today I was eligible for FSWP and today my profile is not eligible. I took IELTS in August, 2015 so it is good. nothing else has changed except I turned 30 today. and it would not even let me change anything in my profile.

Need help guys! don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance

iraq85

Dec 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
7-10-2016
Passport Req..
17-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
nex10 said:
Hi guys!

I got registered for express entry in Dec 2015 and at the time I was eligible for Federal skilled worker, had 402 points, received P/T notification from OINP and applied for the same under Federal skilled worker program, received AOR from OINP and I was waiting for my nomination. So, today, I got msg in my express entry profile that

You are not eligible for Express Entry
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your
profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be
eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds

I dont understand. Till today I was eligible for FSWP and today my profile is not eligible. I took IELTS in August, 2015 so it is good. nothing else has changed except I turned 30 today. and it would not even let me change anything in my profile.

Need help guys! don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance
What about your ECA ? Is it older than 5 years ?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
How about available funds (they increase the thresholds from time to time)?
i'm sure you made some mistake in entering the details... like when i used EE back in 2015, i didnt have ECA, so i put some dummy number and it rejected me lol.. i dindt know then ECA was mandatory.

try again, i'm sure there was some error. unless your IELTS score is low... you need to have i think minimum 6 in each band (not sure about this though)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about your work experience. What exact date is it from. for full points you need to have 6+ years of work experience relevant to the date of your profile (so until you get federal ITA). And also profile itself has limited validity. Once expired you need to recreate a new one.

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
Damn, it's POF. I entered $15,000 when I created my profile back in Dec, 15. What to do now?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmm, From what i know once profile is not eligible you cannot edit it anymore.
One possibility would be to recreate another profile with higher amount of Money and inform Ontario and also about the reason of it. Since it is just Fund demands and you have additional funds ready, I do not see why they should not accept it.
But best is to ask people who experienced similar problem and how they solved it.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
vensak said:
hmm, From what i know once profile is not eligible you cannot edit it anymore.
One possibility would be to recreate another profile with higher amount of Money and inform Ontario and also about the reason of it. Since it is just Fund demands and you have additional funds ready, I do not see why they should not accept it.
But best is to ask people who experienced similar problem and how they solved it.
This is correct.

tolomola

Nov 25, 2016
Hello all,
I experienced similar issue today saying i am not eligible for express entry, i was eligible when i created the profile March 2016, though my profile is supposed to expire by 4th of March but i still dont know why my profile is now considered ineligible.

My IELTS score is not due for expiry until May 2017, my score band is CLB 8, i updated my POF to 26,000 cad (family of 5) when i heard about d change in POF, my BSc and MBA degrees were both assessed OK by WES; so i honestly dont know what the issue is. Though i have more than 10years work experience in total, my experience in the chosen NOC is about 2years (2006-2008).

What could be the issue so that i dont repeat the same mistake when i create another profile.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nex10 said:
Damn, it's POF. I entered $15,000 when I created my profile back in Dec, 15. What to do now?
I don't get it - for single applicant, settle funds is CAD 12,300. Are you a single applicant?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tolomola said:
Hello all,
I experienced similar issue today saying i am not eligible for express entry, i was eligible when i created the profile March 2016, though my profile is supposed to expire by 4th of March but i still dont know why my profile is now considered ineligible.

My IELTS score is not due for expiry until May 2017, my score band is CLB 8, i updated my POF to 26,000 cad (family of 5) when i heard about d change in POF, my BSc and MBA degrees were both assessed OK by WES; so i honestly dont know what the issue is. Though i have more than 10years work experience in total, my experience in the chosen NOC is about 2years (2006-2008).

What could be the issue so that i dont repeat the same mistake when i create another profile.
"Though i have more than 10years work experience in total, my experience in the chosen NOC is about 2years (2006-2008)."

i think thats the issue here... experience should be more recent if you are choosing that NOC,

otherwise choose a different NOC

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tolomola said:
Hello all,

Any work experience over 10 years ago does not count anymore - so in your case anything before March 1st 2007 does not count.

If this is your only skilled work experience then you are probably failing to meet the requirement of a year of skilled work experience.

Diy

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Nex10
I have faced the same problem recently and am losing faith in EE system. I just updated my spouse language score and waited for two weeks n then got my profile ineligible for no apparent reason. If i create a new profile I am afraid that if will behave the same of changing my status randomly.
I have started believing that paper based application process was much better than this.

Is there any option to go for paper based application??

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diy said:
Nex10
I have faced the same problem recently and am losing faith in EE system. I just updated my spouse language score and waited for two weeks n then got my profile ineligible for no apparent reason. If i create a new profile I am afraid that if will behave the same of changing my status randomly.
I have started believing that paper based application process was much better than this.

Is there any option to go for paper based application??
:) wait time for paper based application is x number of years vs 6-7 months for EE...

did you check the funds requirement ? usually profiles become ineligible if funding entered > what is mandatory