+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got message requesting PP to finalize processing -- DOES it mean application approved?

AceVentura123

Mar 2, 2020
REceived this mssg:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements • Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter. • There must be at least one blank page in your passport. • Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada. • Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

---Wondering if this means that the application is approved? We meet all the passport requirements.
Pls provide feedback. Thanks.

Reactions: dahil1975

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Congrats! And yes this is an approval. Could you please share your timeline and the country you applied from? Thanks!

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
REceived this mssg:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements • Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter. • There must be at least one blank page in your passport. • Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada. • Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

---Wondering if this means that the application is approved? We meet all the passport requirements.
Pls provide feedback. Thanks.
Yes it means it is approved! Was it an application inside Canada?

AceVentura123

Mar 2, 2020
Congrats! And yes this is an approval. Could you please share your timeline and the country you applied from? Thanks!
Applied in Jan 2021, from Bangladesh.
Biometric exempt.
In June 2021, sent webform for priority processing. Within 20 business days, received PP request.

AnkithaP

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Applied in Jan 2021, from Bangladesh.
Biometric exempt.
In June 2021, sent webform for priority processing. Within 20 business days, received PP request.
Hi can you also let us know if your application is travel-exempt (like family reunion or other category) or is it solely visiting purpose ?

AceVentura123

Mar 2, 2020
Hi can you also let us know if your application is travel-exempt (like family reunion or other category) or is it solely visiting purpose ?
It is a visit visa, and in the webform, I mentioned the reason for visit is family reunification and to see her grand-daughter.
I am not sure if that makes my mother travel-exempt. My mother did travel multiple times to Canada and US in the past also, so i am not sure if that played a role in expediting the process.
I have friends who also applied using the webform and still have not heard back anything (over 4 weeks of waiting).

Feb 8, 2019
I have also received the passport request for my daughter. Passport arrived at Abu Dhabi IRCC on 3rd March 2022 and same day my Online status changed to "Application Withdrawn"

Your application was withdrawn.

Latest update:
Final decision - March 3, 2022:Your application was withdrawn. We will send you a letter or email with details.

Can anyone explain please. (I am tracking the passport on VFS site; showing under process at IRCC Abu Dhabi)

MickyRoc4

Mar 5, 2018
I have also received the passport request for my daughter. Passport arrived at Abu Dhabi IRCC on 3rd March 2022 and same day my Online status changed to "Application Withdrawn"

Your application was withdrawn.

Latest update:
Final decision - March 3, 2022:Your application was withdrawn. We will send you a letter or email with details.

Can anyone explain please. (I am tracking the passport on VFS site; showing under process at IRCC Abu Dhabi)
Can you please let me know what was the status of your background check? did it show completed or not applicable when it said that it was withdrawn? Can you please verify this for me?