+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got medical request for visitor visa for parents *Not SuperVisa*

Sam1326

Mar 30, 2015
Hello,
I am very much confused and shocked.
Parents submitted Paper application for Visitor visa In Banglore VFS centre and after two weeks both of them got the medical request.
Well, I was not expecting the medical request as the duration of their stay was mentioned as 6 months in the application.
I am PR of Canada and provided all the documentation required for Visitor visa.

I am not sure if they considered it as an application for SUPER VISA or normal Visitor/Visa visa. Do they consider SUPER VISA by default?

And If they considered it for SUper Visa then why did they consider so ? I never mentioned that they need a SUPER VISA.

Please advise on this. Also advice what should I do ?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Sam1326 said:
Hello,
I am very much confused and shocked.
Parents submitted Paper application for Visitor visa In Banglore VFS centre and after two weeks both of them got the medical request.
Well, I was not expecting the medical request as the duration of their stay was mentioned as 6 months in the application.
I am PR of Canada and provided all the documentation required for Visitor visa.

I am not sure if they considered it as an application for SUPER VISA or normal Visitor/Visa visa. Do they consider SUPER VISA by default?

And If they considered it for SUper Visa then why did they consider so ? I never mentioned that they need a SUPER VISA.

Please advise on this. Also advice what should I do ?
You sure they didn't apply for the parent super visa?

Did you send a case-specific enquiry asking about this?

I have read about other people getting this medical request despite requesting under 6 months.

Sam1326

Mar 30, 2015
thanks for your reply...
I have selected the "Purpose of Visit" as "Family Visit" and not the Super Visa for Parents and grandparents in the IMM5257 form.
I guess that means this application is not under "Super Visa " category. Am I corrrect ?
How to differentiate between normal visitor visa and parent Super Visa other than above ?

How to initiate the Case Specifica Enquiry ? Via e-mail to Canada Embassy ?

Sam1326

Mar 30, 2015
Guys...Please help me on this...not able to understand this situation...Why there is a medical request for normal visitor visa for 6 months.

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
Sam1326 said:
Guys...Please help me on this...not able to understand this situation...Why there is a medical request for normal visitor visa for 6 months.
It is on VO discretion, they may very well ask for medicals for TRV too.

Infosec

Mar 15, 2013
Sam1326, Just relax... Even though you requested for 6 months, the VO can give TRV more than a year or so, hence the medical request, you don't have to worry about it, unless your parents have any previous or existing medical condition.

Sam1326

Mar 30, 2015
thanks guys for your responses...makes me feel relaxed by hearing that this is not something unusual...I am asking my parents to go for medicals...hopefully that works now...

res1

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
26-08-2016
Sam1326 said:
My mom was asked for medicals despite that she was coming for a month, and was residing in a country for which CIC does not require medical exam. I asked why medical exam was needed and got response from visa office that basically they can request medicals from anyone

res1

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
26-08-2016
She withdrew her application, she needed to travel on specific dates and the wait for medicals was too long.

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
res1 said:
She withdrew her application, she needed to travel on specific dates and the wait for medicals was too long.

Hi! how did she withdraw her application? i thought once they started processing your application you cant withdraw it anymore? or you can withdraw, but they will not be refundable? i have the medical issue for my mom i apply her for 5 months extension but i received an email from cic formedical request but my mom refuse it, instead she want to go back home so i can save money, i dont know if its a good idea to withdraw her application since she was implied status right now any help please

Sam1326

Mar 30, 2015
Here is an update -- i sent the email to Canadian embassy in Banglore regarding my Parents medical test and they replied back saying that ..."Visa officer has detrmined to do the medical test for your parents"...
So now I am asking my parents to do the test...
There is no logic about when and who needs to do the medical test...If they ask, then we have to do...
Thaks guys for your help...

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
Sam1326 said:
Here is an update -- i sent the email to Canadian embassy in Banglore regarding my Parents medical test and they replied back saying that ..."Visa officer has detrmined to do the medical test for your parents"...
So now I am asking my parents to do the test...
There is no logic about when and who needs to do the medical test...If they ask, then we have to do...
Thaks guys for your help...
Hi sam same here, i called cic, VO said that if my mom leave she need to go to cbsa to tell that she will be leaving now with on process application extension and she has implied status and show it the confirmation of her application, she need also to undergo medical exam regardless she will leave canada, she can have hermedical back home so it will not effect on her future visa or entry into canada....i was really confused iasked her if i can cancel her application but she told me they cant do something about it, she has multiple visa valid till 2019 I dont know if she cant come back in here unless she will do her medical? I thought is only for those who apply for the new TRV i really need the expert answer......

Sam1326

Mar 30, 2015
hi ondang2 ..sad to hear about that...looks like they made the medical test mandatory for every visitor as well...

res1

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
26-08-2016
ondang2 said:
Hi! how did she withdraw her application? i thought once they started processing your application you cant withdraw it anymore? or you can withdraw, but they will not be refundable? i have the medical issue for my mom i apply her for 5 months extension but i received an email from cic formedical request but my mom refuse it, instead she want to go back home so i can save money, i dont know if its a good idea to withdraw her application since she was implied status right now any help please
She wrote an email to the local visa office and requested to withdraw the application. From inside Canada it can be done through CSE. The application fees were not refunded.
Regarding your situation, I don't think you should withdraw application before your mom leaves, because then she may be considered out of status.