+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got medical check up request but already overstayed

Dec 3, 2013
Hi there,

I applied for PR through CEC back in November 2013 thinking that I'd wait back home (Malaysia) while my application is being processed. I submitted my application to extend my work permit and my employer also submitted the LMO application. However, there was a serious situation with my employer that resulted in the LMO application not going through. I was so mad, because I was relying on them to extend my stay in Canada legally. At that time, the 90-days grace period was coming to an end and it was too late for me to apply for bridging work permit.

So I have been overstaying in Canada since February of this year. I have not been working since then.

I plan to go back home in November. BUT then Yesterday, I received an email from CIC requesting a medical check up. It has to be done within 60 days. My question is, is it okay if I do medical check up in Canada? Will they check where I had my medical check up done? If so, will it jeopardize my PR application?? Do I need to do this outside Canada?

Another thing is, my application is being processed in Ottawa (I believe), not outside Canada. And I'm still using a Canadian address.

I really wasn't expecting my application to be processed in less than a year.

Any advice/information is appreciated! SOS

alwayshappy

Aug 13, 2014
Hello!

You didn't need to go to the process to get another LMO if you had applied for cec and got your AOR but I think is too late already, the only thing you can do is e-mail Ottawa and ask about your concern. Just wanted to let the info about bringing the open wp.

Bridging Work Permits – Eligibility Parameters

To be eligible for a bridging WP, the following parameters must be met:

The foreign national is currently in Canada;
They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
They are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the PNP or the FSTP;
They have received a positive eligibility assessment on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
They have made application for an open WP.

Please note the following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

Foreign nationals in Canada under section 186 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (work permit exempt) situations.
Foreign nationals who have let their status expire and must apply for restoration in order to return to temporary resident status.
Foreign nationals whose work permits are valid for longer than four months and/or already have a new LMO that can be used as the basis for new work permit application
Foreign nationals applying for a bridging work permit at the port of entry.
Spouse and dependents of the principal permanent resident applicant.

Dec 3, 2013
Thanks for your reply. But I am passed that stage of getting a new work permit already. I have been staying WITHOUT ANY PERMIT since March of this year while waiting for my PR application. My PR application is being processed as CIC have called my employer and now they are requesting my medical check up, which I think it means that I'm one step closer in becoming an immigrant.

My questions are, will it jeopardize my application if I do my medical check up in Canada? Because legally, I should not stay in Canada. However, my PR application is being processed in Sydey, NS (if I'm not mistaken) and my address is a Canadian address.

What do you think?

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
why did you stay without authorization? if you don't mind me asking

alwayshappy

Aug 13, 2014
Unfortunately I am not an expert in this matter as your case is a little bit complicated and I might give you the wrong answer/advise, if you applied to CEC yes you send your application to Sydney but when they start processing it they must sent it to Ottawa,

Did you apply by your own? or you hired a lawyer?

I am thinking that might be a mistake if you e-mail CIC and told about your situation as your are completely out of statues and they mihgt rejct your application, In my opinion you should ask an immigration lawyer what you should do, don't go to immigration agencies as they are not experts in immigration laws and I heard cases that are not that helpful as you expect and charge amount of money similar to lawyers. But make an appointment with an immigration lawyer and ask about it. (they charge hourly thought) but I doubt you need more than that. Better to spend a little bit extra money rather than later regret. If your financial situation is not the best you can always look for advised with immigration non-profit organizations around your area, like catholic services.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Since you are really close to become an immigrant I would suggest you to leave Canada and do your Medical at back home and change your address on ecas. I wish you all the very best in the rest of your process. I might be wrong please wait for some senior member to comment on that still.

pj11

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
"You may seek restoration within 90 days after your status as a visitor, student or worker has been lost"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi immigration_sos,

unfortunately you are already in troubles....big troubles and this will cause your PR application to be rejected and you will be removed from canada eventually.
you have made a stupid mistake and the price will be very expensive.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
immigration_sos said:
Thanks for your reply. But I am passed that stage of getting a new work permit already. I have been staying WITHOUT ANY PERMIT since March of this year while waiting for my PR application. My PR application is being processed as CIC have called my employer and now they are requesting my medical check up, which I think it means that I'm one step closer in becoming an immigrant.

My questions are, will it jeopardize my application if I do my medical check up in Canada? Because legally, I should not stay in Canada. However, my PR application is being processed in Sydey, NS (if I'm not mistaken) and my address is a Canadian address.

What do you think?
You need to leave the country ASAP. Staying without status for over 5 months can ban you from applying to any visa's/permits. Do your medicals from your home country and hope for the best.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
immigration_sos said:
So I have been overstaying in Canada since February of this year. I have not been working since then.
When the LMO failed and you couldn't get a bridging work permit, why didn't you leave Canada then? I mean you couldn't continue working anyways... You really shouldn't have put your PR application at risk. They passed your eligibility before sending your medical request, but regardless of where you do your medical now, you'd better pray they don't look into your status before the final decision. Because they WILL find out your overstay if they look into it!

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
immigration_sos said:
Hi there,

I applied for PR through CEC back in November 2013 thinking that I'd wait back home (Malaysia) while my application is being processed. I submitted my application to extend my work permit and my employer also submitted the LMO application. However, there was a serious situation with my employer that resulted in the LMO application not going through. I was so mad, because I was relying on them to extend my stay in Canada legally. At that time, the 90-days grace period was coming to an end and it was too late for me to apply for bridging work permit.

I plan to go back home in November. BUT then Yesterday, I received an email from CIC requesting a medical check up. It has to be done within 60 days. My question is, is it okay if I do medical check up in Canada? Will they check where I had my medical check up done? If so, will it jeopardize my PR application?? Do I need to do this outside Canada?

Another thing is, my application is being processed in Ottawa (I believe), not outside Canada. And I'm still using a Canadian address.

hi .....I read situations ...so sorry bro ...but good also u got medical. ...did u get u r ppr

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
immigration_sos said:
Hi there,

hi .....I read situations ...so sorry bro ...but good also u got medical. ...did u get u r ppr