+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got married here in Canada, should I register our marriage in my Home Country as well?

katarina_01

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Hello! I am from the Philippines. My husband and I got married last January 15, 2022 here in Canada (I am a visitor) and we already have a Marriage Certificate issued by the Canadian province. Should I register our marriage in the Philippines first and get a Marriage Cert issued by the Philippines before submitting our Inland Spousal Application? Or will the Canadian Marriage Certificate suffice?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hello! I am from the Philippines. My husband and I got married last January 15, 2022 here in Canada (I am a visitor) and we already have a Marriage Certificate issued by the Canadian province. Should I register our marriage in the Philippines first and get a Marriage Cert issued by the Philippines before submitting our Inland Spousal Application? Or will the Canadian Marriage Certificate suffice?
Canadian marriage will be sufficient 100%. There's not requirement on you to register your marriage in the Philippines, but depending on how strong your case is, if you register in the Philippines too that might provide a stronger case.

katarina_01

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Canadian marriage will be sufficient 100%. There's not requirement on you to register your marriage in the Philippines, but depending on how strong your case is, if you register in the Philippines too that might provide a stronger case.
That's so good to hear! Thank you so much. We've been together for almost three years before getting married and we have more than enough proof to show the authenticity of our relationship (pictures together, pictures together with each of our family, screenshots of convos, etc.) :)))

Reactions: DimT44

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
That's so good to hear! Thank you so much. We've been together for almost three years before getting married and we have more than enough proof to show the authenticity of our relationship (pictures together, pictures together with each of our family, screenshots of convos, etc.) :)))
Sounds like you're good to go. Best of luck!!