+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Married during PR application - What is next?

jkkhan82

Nov 15, 2023
I am currently in Winnipeg and I have MPNP nomination before marriage. I got married recently and I informed IRCC about the marriage.

IRCC sent me a message after I called them

After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request by using the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope you will find this information helpful.

Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required.

*If you have applied under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programs (AIPP), please follow the instructions under Changes in family composition on our website.

I want to know the following

1. If my wife needs IELTS or TEF
  2. ECA for her education
  3. How to check the eligibility if we will qualify ? because it is not Express Entry, it is non express entry program
  4. What is the time period it will take to give a decision on this.
  5. do I need to fill (IMM 0008DEP) form because I dont have any children?
  6. How do I pay for my spouse PR fee?
Thanking you all

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Lets go back a bit, you need to first inform the Manitoba office of your change in status. They will decide if you still qualify for the MPNP. They will also inform you of the new or updated documents that would be needed. That could include EILTS, ECA and so on, if those are needed to maintain the nomination. If the province decides that those credentials are not needed, then only updated forms and biography information on your spouse would be sent to IRCC.

Talk to your provincial office FIRST!

jkkhan82

Nov 15, 2023
I have submitted all the required docs to IRCC and also informed MPNP about the family composition. MPNP just replied updated on file. Now the question is how can I bring my spouse soon because it has been 2 months I applied her TRV but still no reply and also no update on my PR application.

m_0313

Jan 11, 2024
I have submitted all the required docs to IRCC and also informed MPNP about the family composition. MPNP just replied updated on file. Now the question is how can I bring my spouse soon because it has been 2 months I applied her TRV but still no reply and also no update on my PR application.
Hi! Did you get any update from them? I am almost in the same situation. Did you add your spouse after AOR or before AOR?