+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOT MARRIED BEFORE LANDING TO CANADA

Marayzki

Apr 12, 2018
Hi guys! I badly needed help because i am super duper confused. Hope someone could give me enlightenment.

My partner and I have been planning for two years now about our marriage. And then here comes the opportunity to work in Canada (i was referred by a friend). During my application I indicated single because I am not yet married. After a year my visa has been released. So I was glad. Here in the Philippines, we have this POLO thing that the employer needed to process before I can work to Canada. This process has been implemented by the government 2 years ago. I never thought that this procedure is damn long to wait, 3-4 months.

Now here's the scenario, my partner decided to get married because we've been boyfriend -girlfriend for 10 years now. He said, he can't live a life without binding with me, knowing that I will be working abroad, he's afraid of possibilities that I will get involved with someone else. He said, he can't come with me because he has a term contract with the company he's working with right now.

So, my question is, do I need to inform CIC about this? My marriage contract will be released 3-4 weeks after marriage. I got married March 8 and I expect contract will be released March 25. I got news today that our POLO has been approved. So, I am ready to go to Canada.

Please do help...thanks.

Hyuhamar

Jan 2, 2019
Hi guys! I badly needed help because i am super duper confused. Hope someone could give me enlightenment.

My partner and I have been planning for two years now about our marriage. And then here comes the opportunity to work in Canada (i was referred by a friend). During my application I indicated single because I am not yet married. After a year my visa has been released. So I was glad. Here in the Philippines, we have this POLO thing that the employer needed to process before I can work to Canada. This process has been implemented by the government 2 years ago. I never thought that this procedure is damn long to wait, 3-4 months.

Now here's the scenario, my partner decided to get married because we've been boyfriend -girlfriend for 10 years now. He said, he can't live a life without binding with me, knowing that I will be working abroad, he's afraid of possibilities that I will get involved with someone else. He said, he can't come with me because he has a term contract with the company he's working with right now.

So, my question is, do I need to inform CIC about this? My marriage contract will be released 3-4 weeks after marriage. I got married March 8 and I expect contract will be released March 25. I got news today that our POLO has been approved. So, I am ready to go to Canada.

Please do help...thanks.
YES YOU MUST INFORM THE CIC