+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got married before ITA

akshay90

Jan 7, 2019
Hi all,

I received my PNP nomination on December 4, got my ITA on December 11 and I got married on November 22. We have the court certificate, and pictures of the ceremony.
My wife was not added in the EE profile initially for the PNP. Now that I have got my ITA, if I add her in my EE, will I need to get her documents verified from WES? And will she be needed to give the IELTS exam.

Any insights would be really helpful for me.
Thanks!

Galsam

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I received my PNP nomination on December 4, got my ITA on December 11 and I got married on November 22. We have the court certificate, and pictures of the ceremony.
My wife was not added in the EE profile initially for the PNP. Now that I have got my ITA, if I add her in my EE, will I need to get her documents verified from WES? And will she be needed to give the IELTS exam.

Thanks!
You don't need to get her documents verified by WES nor does she need to write IELTS. All you need to do is to inform your nomination province of the change in marital status and update your EE profile to include her. It is necessary to inform your Nominating province so as not to appear like you intentionally hid that from them. The 600 points from Nomination has made your scores safe even if you had her now and the scores are recalculated by IRCC

Tca

Sep 22, 2020
Hi all,

Thanks!
How was this issue resolved?