+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got married after COPR, no response

SylviaAltor

Oct 30, 2019
I received my PR at the beginning of this year. My expiration date for landing is January 18 2023. I got married in June 2022 and wasn't planning to land with him. In early July, I did a webform enquiry to ask about detailed documents he will need to submit, without submitting any document. Exactly 2 months later, I received a response as follows:

==============================================================================================

Good day XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that your updated marital status was received by the responsible office.

If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

XXXX, agent XXXX

==============================================================================================

I assumed they got my update, and I was waiting for the cancellation of my COPR and further documents request. However, until now nobody has contacted me. In my application status it didn't say anything about cancelling my COPR or any change.
1. Does it mean I need to update my husband's documents in webform directly than keep waiting?
2. I only have around 3 months before COPR expires. If I still can't get any response from COPR before the date, could I land and hand over the documents face to face? Considering the email above, they received my update already.
3. If I'm lucky enough and got a update such as cancel my COPR, does it mean they will issue me a new one with a new expiration date, so I won't be in hurry to quit my job before January?

I've been anxious everyday waiting for responses. Thank u for any help!

Reactions: Ctv92

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Search the threads here on the documents required for spousal addition and send them upfront. For most part non accompanying spouse are required to provide almost all documents similar to accompanying spouse.

SylviaAltor

Oct 30, 2019
Search the threads here on the documents required for spousal addition and send them upfront. For most part non accompanying spouse are required to provide almost all documents similar to accompanying spouse.
Thank u for response! I'm on that right now. Is webform the better way to do it or email? I saw both suggestions. and which office did you hand over the documents? NDVO, India or Ottawa?

I read your timeline, your Medical expiration was 7th Feb 2022, and your Spouse added day was 30th June 2022. So that means as long as we inform them, they will give new COPR with extension for landing right? Did you receive COPR cancellation email before your first Medical expiration date?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Thank u for response! I'm on that right now. Is webform the better way to do it or email? I saw both suggestions. and which office did you hand over the documents? NDVO, India or Ottawa?

I read your timeline, your Medical expiration was 7th Feb 2022, and your Spouse added day was 30th June 2022. So that means as long as we inform them, they will give new COPR with extension for landing right? Did you receive COPR cancellation email before your first Medical expiration date?
- Raise a webform to IRCC with the documents compressed and attached.
- Post the spousal addition request, your application will be opened again and the first COPR stands canceled. Spouse will also require to send Biometrics and Medical and post this another PPR is issued addressed to PA. Accompanying spouse do not get a separate PPR.
- We received our first COPR together post spouse addition and it took a year to include my spouse in the application due to covid. So all our process was pre PPR.
- The application was in CIO Sydney, NS when the spousal addition request was made via webform in April 21. It later moved to NDVO end of 2021 until our PPR and COPR in September 22.

SylviaAltor

Oct 30, 2019
- Raise a webform to IRCC with the documents compressed and attached.
- Post the spousal addition request, your application will be opened again and the first COPR stands canceled. Spouse will also require to send Biometrics and Medical and post this another PPR is issued addressed to PA. Accompanying spouse do not get a separate PPR.
- We received our first COPR together post spouse addition and it took a year to include my spouse in the application due to covid. So all our process was pre PPR.
- The application was in CIO Sydney, NS when the spousal addition request was made via webform in April 21. It later moved to NDVO end of 2021 until our PPR and COPR in September 22.
Oh I see. Thank you for sharing your experience!
Can I ask one more question? How did you know your VO shift? I lived in city 1, my COPR email mentioned that for any change I should inform city 2. Then when I contacted city 2 I was told it's not processed there. I was quite confused which VO city to choose when submitting the webform. Worst case scenario I might file 3 webforms linking to 3 different VOs, if it's not a taboo

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Oh I see. Thank you for sharing your experience!
Can I ask one more question? How did you know your VO shift? I lived in city 1, my COPR email mentioned that for any change I should inform city 2. Then when I contacted city 2 I was told it's not processed there. I was quite confused which VO city to choose when submitting the webform. Worst case scenario I might file 3 webforms linking to 3 different VOs, if it's not a taboo
Raised GCMS to know the status and other info of the application. Just send in a general webform. I didn't know my VO was CIO when we sent my spousal addition package.

Reactions: SylviaAltor