+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got letter to pick up PR card. They want Canadian ID, which I couldn't get with an expired PR card...

mhysa13

Feb 12, 2020
Hi, I accompanied my Canadian spouse out if the country for several years. Literally all of my time was spent with him. I sent multiple pieces of evidence to show this. He had to return to Canada after having a breakdown around the end of last year. I joined him a couple of weeks later and filed to renew my PR card. Today I got a letter that I have to pick up the card and one requirement is Canadian ID. I haven't been able to get this since my PR is expired. I've been waiting 2 months and hoping to get this resolved asap so I can work and support my husband. I have a sin card and an expired health card. Again, they won't renew it with an expired PR card... Anyone else have this issue? I just want to live with and be able to support my husband :( thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I accompanied my Canadian spouse out if the country for several years. Literally all of my time was spent with him. I sent multiple pieces of evidence to show this. He had to return to Canada after having a breakdown around the end of last year. I joined him a couple of weeks later and filed to renew my PR card. Today I got a letter that I have to pick up the card and one requirement is Canadian ID. I haven't been able to get this since my PR is expired. I've been waiting 2 months and hoping to get this resolved asap so I can work and support my husband. I have a sin card and an expired health card. Again, they won't renew it with an expired PR card... Anyone else have this issue? I just want to live with and be able to support my husband :( thanks in advance
The health card is still valid as ID even if expired. You can also bring your passport.

Reactions: mhysa13