+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got job offer with LMIA. What now?

Beatricejvr

Nov 10, 2017
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Hi. We are from South Africa, just got a job offer. Will receive the Lmia in a weeks time or so. But we are a little confused.
Do we apply for work permit or permanent residence ( after receiving the Lmia approval). Do we have to do the express entry option? Or
Can we just apply for work permit then go to canada and get trv at port of entry with work permit?
Or must we apply for work permit and recidency together?

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Hi. We are from South Africa, just got a job offer. Will receive the Lmia in a weeks time or so. But we are a little confused.
Do we apply for work permit or permanent residence ( after receiving the Lmia approval). Do we have to do the express entry option? Or
Can we just apply for work permit then go to canada and get trv at port of entry with work permit?
Or must we apply for work permit and recidency together?
I'd recommend applying for both simultaneously. In all likelihood, you'll get your WP first. This should allow you to move to Canada and start working earlier than you would've been able to had you just applied for PR.

Good luck.

Beatricejvr

Nov 10, 2017
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Ooo ok thank you!! Just to be sure haha. I can move to Canada with only a wp. They will not send us back at port of entry with just a wp? We can apply for pr once we are there?

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Ooo ok thank you!! Just to be sure haha. I can move to Canada with only a wp. They will not send us back at port of entry with just a wp? We can apply for pr once we are there?

Yes, you can. That's what i did. Your WP and PR applications have nothing to do with each other.

Beatricejvr

Nov 10, 2017
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Are you also from South Africa? Sorry dont wanna be annoying, just carefull. We just want to be 110% sure that we wont be send back because we did not do all the correct visa applications etc or didnt get a visa lol. Also what are the chances that if we do get wp can they deny pr? We have heard that at port of entry people where send back for some or odd reason. We have our pcc and its clean lol but we are just worried haha

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Are you also from South Africa? Sorry dont wanna be annoying, just carefull. We just want to be 110% sure that we wont be send back because we did not do all the correct visa applications etc or didnt get a visa lol. Also what are the chances that if we do get wp can they deny pr? We have heard that at port of entry people where send back for some or odd reason. We have our pcc and its clean lol but we are just worried haha
It doesn't matter which country you're from. If you have job offer with LMIA you will get WP. If you worry you will be denied WP on the border you can always apply for it upfront in Canadian embassy and have it in hand when you land.
As for denying PR there is always a possibility. WP or job offer doesn't guarantee PR. There are other conditions you have to meet.

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to apply for your work permit at the Pretoria Visa Office. South Africa is not a visa exempt country, which means you can't apply for your work permit at a port of entry. Regarding applying for PR at the same time as work permit all depends on the kind of stream you are applying under. We applied under the Federal skilled trades with LMIA and we had to be in Canada before we could apply for PR. That said, it was because of the wages per hour amount on our LMIA, it was too low to apply for PR from outside Canada. There are a lot of factors which influence the process.

Tahir123

Jun 18, 2018
Hi,
I am little confuse between two things. 1-work permit 2- entry visa.
If you have a positive LMIA and Job offer, what is the next procedure..? my lawyer told me that you will have a visa stamp first for entry in canada, and once you land, immigration officer will give you work permit, as lawyer already applied this for all.

my question is what is the purpose of that visa he is saying me to be stamped from embassy..? It will be a work permit..? because he is not guiding me properly.. i am too much confuse in these steps.

Thank you if anyone willing to help.

Tahir123

Jun 18, 2018
No.
one of my colleague have reference there in canada. they send me a job offer with Positive LMIA