+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ITA thru 13th Jan draw,now lots of queries while filling up the PR applicatn

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hi friends,

First of all,would like to share a good news. My wife has finally received ITA after the recent draw held on 13th Jan'16.As spouse, I am too entitled for the invitation.
I would like to thank each of one you,especially Asivad,who has helped me with valuable advice and suggestions while going ahead with the process. Now,we have reached the most important stage,ie to fill up the PR application.

I have got the following queries. Would request you to kindly guide me as to go ahead in the respective areas.

1) Contact address:

Since the last 1.5 months, I am not staying in my home town owing to job change and relocation. Considering the above,what should mention I as my ''current address''?
Regarding the ''mailing address'', I am providing one at my hometown,where all the letters/communications sent by CIC may reach safely.

2) Police Clearance Certificate:

Considering my recent change in location (as mentioned above), where should I opt/have to go for the police verification-my hometown (or where I have spent the last few years or the city where I am currently residing owing to my new job? What's the general process for PCC in India? Do I need to go to my hometown and apply for PCC? Can my wife (who is still residing at my hometown) apply for it on my behalf? Pls advise..

3) Work experience history for spouse:-

As a secondary applicant, do I also need to provide my work experience history,in the same format as the Primary applicant (as reference letters from respective companies with all details mentioned on it)?
Although, getting experience letter from my most recent companies might not be a problem,however I may have to really work hard to get one in the requisite format,from the first company (where I had worked almost 9.5 years back). Can I show appointment and relieving letters,as proof of my employment?

4) Immediate family member details:-

My wife has step father,whose details have been provided by her under the ''immediate family'' column (as asked for, in the PR application form). However, as the name of her biological father,is still featuring on her academic degree certificates,she has to mention that person's name wherever her father's name is asked for.
The irony is that she or her family,is currently not in touch with her biological father.

I would like to know whether the above scenario may give rise to any kind of confusion or problem while filling the PR form and the process thereafter? Will she need to get any kind of authorization/ signature from her biological father at any stage of the application?

5) Time gap in personal history

I had a gap of 1 year after completion of my BE degree and start of my MBA degree course.My wife has also got similar history.
How can we explain the above situations while filling up the form as CIC has clearly mentioned that gap in time should not be left unexplained?

Thanks & regards,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
info4sourav said:
1) Contact address:

Since the last 1.5 months, I am not staying in my home town owing to job change and relocation. Considering the above,what should mention as my ''current address''.
Regarding the ''mailing address'', I am providing one at my hometown,where all the letters/communications sent by CIC may reach safely.

Under EE, CIC doesn't send any physical mail so just provide whichever address you want.

2) Police Clearance Certificate:

Considering my recent change in location (as mentioned above), where should I opt for the police verification? What's the general process for PCC in India? Do I need to go to my hometown and apply for PCC? Can my wife (who is still residing at my hometown) apply for it on my behalf? Pls advise..

Approach the passport authorities. I imagine that you'll have to go in person for this process.

3) Work experience history for spouse:-

As a secondary applicant, do I also need to provide my work experience history,in the same format as the Primary applicant (as reference letters from respective companies with all details mentioned on it)?
Although, getting experience letter from my most recent companies might not be a problem,however I may have to really work hard to get one in the requisite format,from the first company (where I had worked almost 9.5 years back). Can I show appointment and relieving letters,as proof of my employment?

Unless you worked in Canada, your work experience is irrelevant to this application. You can either provide whatever documents you already have at your disposal or completely remove your work experience from the application. Makes no difference.

4) Immediate family details:-

My wife has step father,whose details have been provided by her under the immediate family column (as asked for in PR application form). However, as the name of her biological father,is still featuring on her academic degree certificates,she has to mention that person's name wherever her father's name is asked for.
The irony is that she or her family,is currently not in touch with her biological father.

I would like to know whether the above scenario may give rise to any kind of confusion or problem while filling the PR form and the process thereafter? Will she need to get any kind of authorization/ signature from her biological father at any stage of the application?

This would matter only when your spouse is attempting to apply for a Super Visa for her parents or trying to sponsor them to Canada in the future but it is important to have everything accurate in the PR application itself as this becomes the base for future actions. Everything depends on the legal marital status of your spouse's mother. If her mother has legally married her step father and has documentation for the same, your spouse's biological father wouldn't feature in the PR application. If they haven't legally married each other, your spouse will have to provide her biological father's name in the application instead of her step-father as there would be no legal proof for the step-father's inclusion in the application. She doesn't have to get any kind of authorization/signature from her biological father at any stage of this application.

5) Time gap in personal history

I had a gap of 1 year after completion of my BE degree and start of my MBA degree course.My wife has also got similar history.
How can we explain the above situations while filling up the form as CIC has clearly mentioned that gap in time should not be left unexplained?

Just mention 'Unemployed' for that time period.

Thanks & regards,

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Thanks a lot Asivad for the extremely valuable and fast reply!

Regarding the ''work experience'' field, I had mentioned a period of 10.5 years,which includes my stint of 1.5 years at my first employer's place. Now considering the fact that it might be difficult to get the reference letter in required format,from the said company,can I skip mentioning the same in the final PR application form? will it create any confusion?

What about the experience in my current company? It has been just over month now and I guess,it will look awkward to ask for a reference letter..Can I show the appointment letter as the employment proof or all these are not required?

Regarding the inclusion of family member,my wife's mother had legally married her step father. So in that case, can my wife completely skip mentioning her biological father's name from the application? If the same still features on her degree certificates and all,will that create any problem in future?

Regards.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I said earlier, you can completely remove your work experience or provide whatever document you have. It won't make the slightest difference to this application. Don't lose sleep over areas which get you no points and add only nuisance value. Focus on other important documents.

All the best!

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Thanks again..very well said!

Regarding the inclusion of family member,my wife's mother had legally married her step father. So in that case, can my wife completely skip mentioning her biological father's name from the application? If the same still features on her degree certificates and all,will that create any problem in future?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
info4sourav said:
Thanks again..very well said!

Yes. The fact that her academic credentials mention her biological father's name has no relevance to her PR application. No LOE required either as there is nothing to explain. Also, the legal documents pertaining to her mother's remarriage won't be required anywhere as part of this PR application.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Hi dear all. I also have some doubts regarding post-ITA action. Do we simply need to fill the PR application, continue, make the required payment and upload all the necessary documents? I mean, are there any further forms that should be provided after that? Please help to clarify. :-[

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
Hi Guys,

I too got my ITA on Jan 13.

My question - If an application is rejected, is the application fee forfeit or refunded ?

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
jaymax said:
Hi Guys,

I too got my ITA on Jan 13.

My question - If an application is rejected, is the application fee forfeit or refunded ?
your application fee will not be refunded

LittleBeeInCanada

Sep 9, 2014
Got ITA earlier, but have lots of questions too...
When I came to Canada I was studying in an EASL school (not a college or university) for about 6 months. How should I put it in my history? Just say unemployed and provide details of the school (name, etc)?

Harsha5877

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have question too. I am currently working in Canada. While filing up the application after invitation, in one section it asks if you have a valid job offer? I selected yes and mentioned that there is no LMIA for this job. Is it correct? Or should I just say no offer?

Cheers,

LittleBeeInCanada

Sep 9, 2014
Harsha5877 said:
Hello All,

I have question too. I am currently working in Canada. While filing up the application after invitation, in one section it asks if you have a valid job offer? I selected yes and mentioned that there is no LMIA for this job. Is it correct? Or should I just say no offer?

Cheers,
If you actually have a job offer and not LMIA, that's correct. Not every person is required to get LMIA (open work permits, postgrad, etc.) I did the same - put that I have a job offer but not LMIA so I don't get 600 point for an eligible job offer

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
valsanail said:
your application fee will not be refunded
If it is rejected as incomplete, then fee will be refunded. If it is rejected in later process then it ll not be refunded. But do not think it ll be rejected. stay positive :)

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
valsanail said:
Hi dear all. I also have some doubts regarding post-ITA action. Do we simply need to fill the PR application, continue, make the required payment and upload all the necessary documents? I mean, are there any further forms that should be provided after that? Please help to clarify. :-[
Please heeeelp