+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ITA, LMIA Expired, Need Advise on few things

sjrohit

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Guys...

I got ITA, my score is 965. (600 points are coming from LMIA which already got expired in feb 2015. I am in canada for one year contract which is ending in september 2015)

I have few questions:

1. Since my LMIA got expired, does that mean they will reduce my 600 points which will lead to the rejection?

2. Also, is it necessary to have a permanent job offer in order to earn 600 LMIA points? Since I am on 1 year contract, I am afraid they may not consider my LMIA.

3. When I start applying for PR, it asks about the fees in the beginning, weather I want to pay only one type of fees or both, what should I choose?

4. I was working in India for last 10 years, so for the work experience proofs, do I need to upload all my offer / experience / employment letters for all the companies I worked for in india? Or only canadian work experience proofs are enough? I am afraid that I may not get all the proofs from India.

Thanks,

Rohit

Thanks,

Rohit

Rabz_13

Feb 26, 2013
Hi Sjrohit,

I am no expert in the matter but I received my ITA 2 weeks ago and which states that you should inform them of any changes that may affect your score during the response period of your ITA.

Can someone please confirm that ?

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjrohit said:
Guys...

I got ITA, my score is 965. (600 points are coming from LMIA which already got expired in feb 2015. I am in canada for one year contract which is ending in september 2015)

I have few questions:

1. Since my LMIA got expired, does that mean they will reduce my 600 points which will lead to the rejection?

2. Also, is it necessary to have a permanent job offer in order to earn 600 LMIA points? Since I am on 1 year contract, I am afraid they may not consider my LMIA.

3. When I start applying for PR, it asks about the fees in the beginning, weather I want to pay only one type of fees or both, what should I choose?

4. I was working in India for last 10 years, so for the work experience proofs, do I need to upload all my offer / experience / employment letters for all the companies I worked for in india? Or only canadian work experience proofs are enough? I am afraid that I may not get all the proofs from India.

Thanks,

Rohit

Thanks,

Rohit
If you claimed points for your Foreign work exp, then yes you need to give them proof whatever they ask for.
About LMIA, I am not sure because its expired. That's means you don't have a vlid job offer now. And I don't think you can claim that 600 points anymore.
Call CIC and check with them.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
When you say LMIA got expired, is it opinion expiry date mentioned on LMIA doc? If you are currently working in Canada with the support of that same LMIA, you are good enough to get 600 points.

Yes, to get 600 points, your job should be permanent, non-seasonal and full time. Try to negotiate with your employer for permanent job offer.

I think it is PR fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). It is your wish to pay only PR fee or both. But ultimately, if you are accepting Permanent residence you have to pay RPRF too.

You need to upload reference letter from previous employers. You need this from all the employers you declared in Express Entry profile.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-presentation-fall2014.asp
Scroll down to section How to Hire a Skilled Foreign Worker under EE.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Intocanada said:
When you say LMIA got expired, is it opinion expiry date mentioned on LMIA doc? If you are currently working in Canada with the support of that same LMIA, you are good enough to get 600 points.

Yes, to get 600 points, your job should be permanent, non-seasonal and full time. Try to negotiate with your employer for permanent job offer.

I think it is PR fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). It is your wish to pay only PR fee or both. But ultimately, if you are accepting Permanent residence you have to pay RPRF too.

You need to upload reference letter from previous employers. You need this from all the employers you declared in Express Entry profile.
Hi Intocanada,
Would you please clarify this confusion. I haven't submitted my profile yet.

'-LMIA expiry date

what should I write !!!
-My LMO expiry date or work permit expiry date as LMO expiry date

Here is my situation
-1st LMO Issue date was January 17, 2014 and expiry date was June 17, 2014 - which means I had to apply extent WP within this time.
-2nd my work permit is valid up to January 31, 2016 with current LMO.

Should I write

LMO expiry date-June 17, 2014
OR
WP expiry date _ January 31, 2016
Please help me to clarify this question. I will appreciate your help .
Thanking in advance.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
iceberge said:
Hi Intocanada,
Would you please clarify this confusion. I haven't submitted my profile yet.

'-LMIA expiry date

what should I write !!!
-My LMO expiry date or work permit expiry date as LMO expiry date

Here is my situation
-1st LMO Issue date was January 17, 2014 and expiry date was June 17, 2014 - which means I had to apply extent WP within this time.
-2nd my work permit is valid up to January 31, 2016 with current LMO.

Should I write

LMO expiry date-June 17, 2014
OR
WP expiry date _ January 31, 2016
Please help me to clarify this question. I will appreciate your help .
Thanking in advance.
This was one of the question almost everyone has. I remember some threads ran on this same topic. Finally, I have asked an attorney who works with my employer. She recommended LMIA/LMO opinion expiry date and followed the same. So you may also give June 17, 2014.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Intocanada said:
This was one of the question almost everyone has. I remember some threads ran on this same topic. Finally, I have asked an attorney who works with my employer. She recommended LMIA/LMO opinion expiry date and followed the same. So you may also give June 17, 2014.
Thank you so much Intocanada for your reply.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You shold mention the 2014 date as LMIA expiry date. Late in EE questionnaire it also asks "are you currently working in Canada on a work permit issued against that LMIA"

One would answer yes.

Also the condition that job has to be permanent is kind of misunderstood.

Every LMIA and work permit issued (and hence job offer) is for a limited period of time - which is why they are temporary.

So the condition of "permanent job offer" only holds for people whose LMIA is also applied for permanent jobs (fee exempt LMIA).

Those who are ALREADY working on work permits only need to have a job valid for a year. There is an OR between two conditions in the below link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

There are plenty of colleagues of mine working in Canada on LMIA based work permits where their permits will expire some time latter. Some end of 2015, some in 2016 or latter. All of these cases apply and simply get additional 600 points.

The OP has nothing to be concerned of. Just try to apply and complete your six month processing time of PR application before the expiry of your work permit.

There is NO CHANGE in your circumstances that needs to be reported to CIC.

Update:
=======

In practice, CIC is calling employers to confirm details of people who got ITAs. So if your job was strictly a year's contract (not extendable), then you might have some issues there. But if it was a year only based upon the fact that work permit was issued for a year and your employer is okay to extend it, that is all CIC is looking for.

otman

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
You shold mention the 2014 date as LMIA expiry date. Late in EE questionnaire it also asks "are you currently working in Canada on a work permit issued against that LMIA"

One would answer yes.

Also the condition that job has to be permanent is kind of misunderstood.

Every LMIA and work permit issued (and hence job offer) is for a limited period of time - which is why they are temporary.

So the condition of "permanent job offer" only holds for people whose LMIA is also applied for permanent jobs (fee exempt LMIA).

Those who are ALREADY working on work permits only need to have a job valid for a year. There is an OR between two conditions in the below link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

There are plenty of colleagues of mine working in Canada on LMIA based work permits where their permits will expire some time latter. Some end of 2015, some in 2016 or latter. All of these cases apply and simply get additional 600 points.

The OP has nothing to be concerned of. Just try to apply and complete your six month processing time of PR application before the expiry of your work permit.

There is NO CHANGE in your circumstances that needs to be reported to CIC.

Update:
=======

In practice, CIC is calling employers to confirm details of people who got ITAs. So if your job was strictly a year's contract (not extendable), then you might have some issues there. But if it was a year only based upon the fact that work permit was issued for a year and your employer is okay to extend it, that is all CIC is looking for.
hello, i dont know what to do, i got invitation to apply under FSTP but my LMIA expired two days before invitation and my LMIA is support just PR , can i still use it ?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
hello, i dont know what to do, i got invitation to apply under FSTP but my LMIA expired two days before invitation and my LMIA is support just PR , can i still use it ?
So you haven't applied for PR using that LMIA nor have you applied for a work permit. Yes?

If that is correct then nothing can be done. The same LMIA can no longer be used for any thing. You should have either filed a PR application or a work permit application based upon that before its expiry

otman

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
So you haven't applied for PR using that LMIA nor have you applied for a work permit. Yes?

If that is correct then nothing can be done. The same LMIA can no longer be used for any thing. You should have either filed a PR application or a work permit application based upon that before its expiry
the LMIA was just for PR and when i got invitation it was already expire two days ago so i can apply without using LMIA if i have enough point?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
the LMIA was just for PR and when i got invitation it was already expire two days ago so i can apply without using LMIA if i have enough point?
If you have enough points, yes you can.