+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got ITA--forign work experience--no reference letter "ASIVAD" pls help !!!!!!!

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
finally i got the ITA under FSW(458)

so my question here is related to foreign work experience

i have worked for 2 companies in india
for the 1st one i got the offer letter, employment letter which has (job title and responsibilities, hrs/week, start and end date) no paystabs.
for the 2nd one i got offerletter, bank statment and absconding letter which states the last working day. HR does not want to give any reference letters as such(i have the email). letters from collegues who worked with me have provided the reference letter but not on the letter head.

what is the best way that i can showcase this please advise..

thanks a ton,
akhilesh.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: got ITA--forign work experience--no reference letter pls help !!!!!!!

kakhileshreddy said:
finally i got the ITA under FSW(458)

so my question here is related to foreign work experience

i have worked for 2 companies in india
for the 1st one i got the offer letter, employment letter which has (job title and responsibilities, hrs/week, start and end date) no paystabs.

This is sufficient.

for the 2nd one i got offerletter, bank statment and absconding letter which states the last working day. HR does not want to give any reference letters as such(i have the email). letters from collegues who worked with me have provided the reference letter but not on the letter head.

Need not be on the letterhead. Get that letter notarized and submit that along with all supporting documents mentioned above and an LOE highlighting your ex-HR's reluctance to provide reference letter (if possible add that mail as well) and politely request the officer to consider your application as complete and process it on its merits.

what is the best way that i can showcase this please advise..

thanks a ton,
akhilesh.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
Document: Employment Records

You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.

Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakhileshreddy said:
Document: Employment Records

You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.

Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)
Great! Now you know exactly what is needed on the second letter which your colleagues will sign for you and which you will notarize after that.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
they are not in the same company though. is it OK .

where do i need to notarize this letter is it in india or here in canada.

please advise..

what is this right for permanent residency..i clicked i will pay both and i see i need to pay 2000+ for 2 people(me and my wife)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakhileshreddy said:
they are not in the same company though. is it OK .

That's fine.

where do i need to notarize this letter is it in india or here in canada

You can do it in Canada.

please advise..

what is this right for permanent residency..i clicked i will pay both and i see i need to pay 2000+ for 2 people(me and my wife)

RPRF is the landing fee that is payable just before getting PPR. EE gives you an option of paying it upfront. It will be refunded if your application is refused. You can choose to pay this later as well.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
so if i go to a immigration lawyer who can notarize my self declaration form is it enough. or is there still chance that my file would be rejected based on this ref letter not available.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakhileshreddy said:
so if i go to a immigration lawyer who can notarize my self declaration form is it enough. or is there still chance that my file would be rejected based on this ref letter not available.
No guarantees with CIC but this is the best you can do under the circumstances. And I'm not sure you need an Immigration lawyer to notarize a document - any notary public can do this for you.

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
kakhileshreddy said:
I used to work for a major Indian IT firm, Those A-holes (me being polite) stated that they don't have a policy to give out any such letter. I have offer letter , re-leaving letter and salary certificate.
I submitted a case specific inquire.

CIC responded by saying , submit all the proof you have for the job including a explanation letter, the Visa officer will make a call if the documents submitted are proof enough.
So its not requirement to have every document asked by them if you have a valid explanation.

tamajit_cemk

Jul 20, 2015
Hi, My Proof of Work experience letter is dated 11th November, 2014 as I working with same company for last 3 years. I got an ITA on 26th, June, 2015. All the descriptions in the reference are true, valid & can be verified by anyone at any point of time. I have also attached latest payslips, Form-16 & latest salary certificate. Will it be a problem? Please help. :'(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamajit_cemk said:
Hi, My Proof of Work experience letter is dated 11th November, 2014 as I working with same company for last 3 years. I got an ITA on 26th, June, 2015. All the descriptions in the reference are true, valid & can be verified by anyone at any point of time. I have also attached latest payslips, Form-16 & latest salary certificate. Will it be a problem? Please help. :'(
This should be fine if you aren't claiming experience beyond November 2014 for program eligibility and/or CRS. If those additional months are getting you qualifying points, you'll need a more recent reference letter or provide conclusive evidence that you are still employed there - pay slips, tax forms should help.

All the best!

tamajit_cemk

Jul 20, 2015
No my experience in November, 2014 itself is more than 3 years, which is maximum for claiming eligible points, there is no problem regarding that. However, I had to also mention while creating profile that it is my current job. This was the reason I was concerned & also why i attached all latest payslips, salary certificate & form-16.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamajit_cemk said:
No my experience in November, 2014 itself is more than 3 years, which is maximum for claiming eligible points, there is no problem regarding that. However, I had to also mention while creating profile that it is my current job. This was the reason I was concerned & also why i attached all latest payslips, salary certificate & form-16.
That should not be a problem. Relax.

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
tamajit_cemk said:
If you are currently working for this company , whats the issue in getting a letter with recent date?
If the problem is manager or HR not being nice enough to issue one for PR as they might feel you will leave the company , tell them some other reason and get one!

CIC might doubt you currently work in this place yet your letter is dated almost 8 months ago !

I understand what you are saying ! I was also from India,
You can submit the letter you have, but it is risky. I mean people are getting rejected for minor things missing in offer letter !

tamajit_cemk

Jul 20, 2015
I did the same when I got the letter in November, 2014 stating I will need it for applying to higher studies. Now I cannot come up with some other lie as I will put myself in trouble. I at least have to save the job i already have. :'(