+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ITA...DECLINED DUE TO INCORRECT NOC..

lulykibuly

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Question

I got ITA...found that NOC is incorrect...so declined ITA....withdrew my profile...

created new profile with new gckey....now it asks..have you applied for Express Entry before...what should I say...YES or No?

lulykibuly

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Answer No.
But technically I applied to Express entry profile and I got the EE number...so isnt that YES...just curious...and wanted to make sure i get this right now...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Answer would be Yes only if you'd submitted a post ITA application that was subsequently refused.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
lulykibuly said:
Question

I got ITA...found that NOC is incorrect...so declined ITA....withdrew my profile...

created new profile with new gckey....now it asks..have you applied for Express Entry before...what should I say...YES or No?
There was no need to withdraw profile. When you declined ITA you would have entered back to the express entry pool with the same profile.

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lulykibuly said:
Question

Ohh... so in case we fill up incorrect NOC before, cant we change it after receiving ITA as long as we are providing supporting documents for the same NOC?
In my view, NOC code has no role to play with CRS score. So, we should be able to modify it post ITA..

Please correct me !!!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cpsingh said:
Ohh... so in case we fill up incorrect NOC before, cant we change it after receiving ITA as long as we are providing supporting documents for the same NOC?
In my view, NOC code has no role to play with CRS score. So, we should be able to modify it post ITA..

Please correct me !!!!
That's correct provided you aren't a PNP applicant as well (some PNPs are NOC specific).

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
Where do you find that which NOC you have received an ITA under?

or Is this the primary NOC mentioned under Work History?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Specterz said:
Where do you find that which NOC you have received an ITA under?

or Is this the primary NOC mentioned under Work History?
For non PNP, Yes. For PNP, that's the NOC mentioned in your nomination letter.