NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
Dear All,

I got ITA today. I have a small concern and I wonder if anyone else has faced it.

My passport is expiring this december. I have two choices:
1. I go for renewing my passport now. Concerns for which are:
a) 10 - 15 days delay in issuing new passport
b) EE application would need to be updated with new details. I wonder if there is any risk involved. Which passport copy to send and stuff like that.

2. I retain same passport and renew it in December. Concerns for which are:
a) How would PR process pan out? WIll there be any risk involved?

If anyone has any insight on what path should I take? Or if I am missing out any other concerns that might come in. Please share your views.

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
can I go ahead and provide my current passport details and by the time I get my passport for visa purpose, if I have a new passport will it affect my application?

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry, apply with the present passport. Generally, CIC asks for passport to be valid for six more months. I think you should be good to go for now. You will have to apply within 3 months of expiry for a passport renewal with Indian regional passport office. The new passport details you can update with CIC if your passport expiry is nearing.

Moreover, Indian passport office won't renew the passport now, it has to be within 3 months of expiry date. Besides, this is not the first time CIC will be dealing with this. You are good to go.

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
thanks for your reply ..

how about I provide current passport details and in the meanwhile get my passport renewed?

Will it create any issue?

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srbhrn said:
thanks for your reply ..

how about I provide current passport details and in the meanwhile get my passport renewed?

Will it create any issue?
CIC will ask for a photocopy and then when everything is done and PR needs to be stamped will ask for passport.

You will have to surrender your current passport to regional passport office to renew it.

Don't worry this is an issue you should not be worried about. Just know what to do and you will be fine. For backup clarification, also phone CIC and they can tell you the procedure.

aayushri

Dec 29, 2015
Dubai
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-11-2017
On a similar boat. Received ITA just a few days ago.

My passport is valid till 2025 but there are just 3-4 pages left and I travel a lot.

What is preferable?

1. Renew passport and then apply.

2. Apply and then update CIC after renewing in the next couple of months.

Which has less risk or are both acceptable.

revathi.iyer

Apr 7, 2017
Hey guys I received my ITA on 31st May 2017.

My passport is valid till April 2018

What should I be doing in the current situation?

Also Is there any sample cover letter anyone can share to let CIC know about change in passport.

Is it risky to update new passport?

Any help would be appreciated.

Niks_1808

Jul 13, 2018

Also Is there any sample cover letter anyone can share to let CIC know about change in passport.

In a similar situation...what was the approach followed

JayJay1998

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018

Passports are trivial matters compared to the whole process, just don't worry about it too much. You can provide the passport updates at the last minute, think about if you loose the passport one week before you are about to fly(hope doe's not happen);)

AKOPEIN

Nov 24, 2017
Hi Guys...no issues in passport getting expired. I myself lost my passport after I got ITA. I was really in a bad situation that time. But i got a new passport , updated CIC profile with new passport and now i am in Canada. Don't worry. Good luck guys

tw.kishor

May 7, 2022
Hi guys. I am in similar situation. Lost my passport today. I got ITA about 4 days ago & I only have 56 days to submit. I will try my best to get the new passport but just in case if I don’t get my new passport can I still submit the application with lost passport and explain in LOE? I have scanned copy of the lost passport.